Trumpy Mathis Mimosa (Where Is She Now?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpfbdf

Veteran Member
Hi All – Back in early 2017 I looked at the 1920 (1919?) Mathis Trumpy yacht Mimosa, in Fort Lauderdale. No… I did not have a ton of money or time… but I could not resist looking when she popped up on CL in South Florida. I believe the asking price was $10K for the 70’+ work of wooden art. On the surface - she was in remarkably good condition: with a true King size bed in a full-width owner’s stateroom, a true Queen in the aft “guest” cabin, a least 3 heads, separate crew quarters, large galley, dining room… stained glass everywhere, a bar… simply an amazing boat. She even had prop tunnels for a shallow draft!

I believe my wife’s comment upon stepping off was, “I could live on THAT boat!” (I was thinking… yes… if we sold the house and quit our jobs and spent all our time and money! LOL!) Unfortunately… While on her I did notice the bilge pumps coming on… more often than one would hope. Well – shortly after we saw her… there was a news story about a Trumpy yacht sinking in her slip outside a residence in Ft. Lauderdale. Yes… it was Mimosa.

Several months later I was back in the area looking at a more reasonable 42’ MT Sundeck. Well… before leaving we returned to where Mimosa had been located and I talked with a couple living on a boat across the canal from where Mimosa had been. They said she had been raised fairly quickly…

“…and then two or three guys showed up… made a lot of noise, including lots of cursing… and then after about 3 days… they took her away under her own power.”

So the question for everyone… Does anyone know whatever happen to Mimosa? Was she restored? Scrapped?

I’m more curious than anything else… so I figured I would ask.

Peace,
Pete

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom