Trim Tabs for Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duanegeib

Vessel Name
Journey
Vessel Make
1987 Jefferson 42 Sundeck
Hey Guys,

Many years ago I owned a 22ft bowrider. I had trim tabs on that boat and it made a huge difference in planing.

I then owned a 30ft cruiser with no trim tabs.

I now own a 1987 Jefferson 42ft Sundeck. It has Bennet Trim Tabs on it. It looks like they were on their from the factory. I don't know if they are working. I never even tried them.

My question. Would trim tabs really make a difference on this size boat. Does anyone with this size boat use their trim tabs?

Our last boat, a President 41 had tabs. I never used them.

It'll depend on the hull and what speed you run at. Some boats will benefit from them (at least at some speeds), while others really don't have much use for them.

Hey Guys,

Many years ago I owned a 22ft bowrider. I had trim tabs on that boat and it made a huge difference in planing.

I then owned a 30ft cruiser with no trim tabs.

I now own a 1987 Jefferson 42ft Sundeck. It has Bennet Trim Tabs on it. It looks like they were on their from the factory. I don't know if they are working. I never even tried them.

My question. Would trim tabs really make a difference on this size boat. Does anyone with this size boat use their trim tabs?

Previously discussed a couple of times in the past. One relatively recent thread for more information and feedback:

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s24/trim-tabs-trawlers-46959.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom