TrawlerForum Hall of fame?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Is it time to inaugurate a TrawlerForum Hall of Fame?

I think so, as we have so many computer generated "Gurus" out there but no outstanding posters as picked by their peers.

One such person is a man few of us know very little about. We don't know his name, the kind of boat he drives, we've never seen a photo of him or his boat, hobbies, religion, etc.

All we know is his contribution to this forum has been of high quality, delivered with great humor and wit and an uncompromising stance in his beliefs. He also possesses a talent for disagreeing without assassinating the other fellow's character.

I find him to be very funny at times and quite serious when the question demands it.

Who is my nominee for the Hall?

RTFirefly, that's who.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Monday 6th of December 2010 10:19:49 AM

Attachments

• rtf.jpg
    rtf.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 82
RT Firefly wrote:Oh no ya don't.* We're not going to go through THAT again Baravelli!
LOL...Let's just see what other comments are before making any rash decisions.
Incidentally, it's really not your decision if you're drafted by the Forum.* LOL

Hiya,
** Mr. Seahorse.* I'm afraid of the comments which may ensue.* This thread may have to be moved to OTDE!* And since when did I become a Guru?* http://oxforddictionaries.com/view/entry/m_en_gb0356920#m_en_gb0356920
** Oh my god.....hindu and momma always told me to stay out of drafts.....
** I hope you know if the TSA finds out about this I'll be profiled, defiled and reviled!!!!!!
** Mr. Woodsong.* Nothing that a fresh coat of paint won't cure.

-- Edited by RT Firefly on Monday 6th of December 2010 11:32:27 AM

Mustache? *Did you*see the Stogie.

ut oh. I just saw that guru on my thing also. what to do.

SD

-- Edited by skipperdude on Monday 6th of December 2010 11:38:42 AM

-- Edited by skipperdude on Monday 6th of December 2010 11:57:08 AM

Actually ANCORA is the smartest guy here. He puts out a brief statement then gets to sit back and laugh his @$$ off reading the rabid missives directed at him. I'll bet he has spewed cofee, or other beverage, all over his computer a more than few times.
Steve W.

Hiya,
*** The smartest people here are the lurkers who don't even have to post but still get to spew coffee.
** And I may NOT be Jewish but don't let my rabid know I said that.

-- Edited by RT Firefly on Monday 6th of December 2010 12:41:08 PM

"Say the secret word and win $50" *Groucho Marx

Firefly: *You may be right, *"Lurkers" may be the secret word, and it's modest for you to say so, but such wisdom and benefit, at least here, it's gotta come from the "sharers".

SeaHorse II wrote:

Is it time to inaugurate a TrawlerForum Hall of Fame?

I think so, as we have so many computer generated "Gurus" out there but no outstanding posters as picked by their peers.

One such person is a man few of us know very little about. We don't know his name, the kind of boat he drives, we've never seen a photo of him or his boat, hobbies, religion, etc.

All we know is his contribution to this forum has been of high quality, delivered with great humor and wit and an uncompromising stance in his beliefs. He also possesses a talent for disagreeing without assassinating the other fellow's character.

I find him to be very funny at times and quite serious when the question demands it.

Who is my nominee for the Hall?

RTFirefly, that's who.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Monday 6th of December 2010 10:19:49 AM
Another vote for Groucho, I mean RT.

Frankly, RT "scares" me into thinking I'm back in the*late 1950s, watching*Groucho's game show.

RT*defines enigmatic.

-- Edited by markpierce on Monday 6th of December 2010 10:18:31 PM

RT....check out your new title!!!!

UMMMM to completly misquote Groucho, didn't he say he would never join a club that have him as a member, so perhaps you should appoint RTFirefly as honourary doorman to stop fly-by-nighters trying to get in.

Congrats to RT.....

Shrimp, I think that was WC Fields that said that.

shrimp wrote:

UMMMM to completly misquote Groucho, didn't he say he would never join a club that have him as a member, so perhaps you should appoint RTFirefly as honourary doorman to stop fly-by-nighters trying to get in.
Yes.* But perhaps*Groucho is best*known for a supposed response to a contestant who had nine children which supposedly brought down the house. In response to Marx asking in disbelief why she had so many children, the contestant replied, "I love my husband." To this, Marx responded, "I love my cigar, too, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while."

-- Edited by markpierce on Monday 6th of December 2010 10:58:01 PM

<pre>Groucho: You know I think you're the most beautiful woman in the world?
Woman: Really?
Groucho: No, but I don't mind lying if it gets me somewhere</pre>

I'll happily add my vote.

Hey wait just a dang minute. I had a 7-page thread discussing a major engine problem, only to have it be a clogging fuel filter. Don't I get a nomination?
biggrin.gif

GonzoF1 wrote:Hey wait just a dang minute. I had a 7-page thread discussing a major engine problem, only to have it be a clogging fuel filter. Don't I get a nomination?
Naw, cause it was an air leak ...
biggrin.gif

Now what are you gonna do RT?
Are you sufficiently embarrassed can you still show your face err Avatar?

Sea horse purported you to be a sort of enigma wrapped in a conundrum
How do you go on and retain your anonymity.

Every one is thinking what is it about this RT Firefly Guy.
Does he really exist Out there in cyber space?
Perhaps an alien sent down to invade Trawler Forum.
Can you see your boat from where you are?

To many questions.

Sort of like a dyslexic theologian does TR flyer fi exist.

SD*

-- Edited by skipperdude on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 12:06:37 PM

Back
Top Bottom