Trawler sunk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColonyCove

Vessel Name
The Blue Comet
Vessel Make
Nordic Tugs/ NT32
A commercial trawler which frequents our little town went down at one of the commercial docks. One of a dwindling number of wooden boats; she was built in 1978. The little harbor was filled with the smell of diesel and a visible red slick covered several areas, despite a retaining boom placed by the USCG.
img_127771_0_50c66a109ce26c24045f765f572ebe6e.jpg

Lady Barbara wallows in the mud of Oriental, NC harbor, while sister Miss Melissa looks on helplessly.

Bill

Sprung plank, maybe? That's happened to a few of the old wood commercial fishboats in our marina with similar results.

Was this the boat with the neglected sea strainer?

...A commercial trawler which frequents our little town went down at one of the commercial docks. One of a dwindling number of wooden boats; she was built in 1978...

It will be interesting find out why she sank. A sprung plank? She's pretty new to have fastener issues.

Oooooo I wish this was near my place. I'd buy this in an instant

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Greetings,
"Was this the boat with the neglected sea strainer?" Naw, this is the one with TWINS!
Mr. Hendo. I can really feel where you're coming from but....That comment brought a smile to my face.

Greetings,
"Was this the boat with the neglected sea strainer?" Naw, this is the one with TWINS!
Mr. Hendo. I can really feel where you're coming from but....That comment brought a smile to my face.

:-D hehe

Greetings,
Yup, that'd be the one. Ya see a twin engine boat is twice as likely to sink as a single...

cute_happy.gif

Look at all that rigging! I thought my boat was complicated.

Sad thing is that a lot of these guys don't have insurance, mom and pop shops. We had a squid boat sink in the outer harbor last year and the guy was nearly wiped out. They got her refloated pretty quickly and she is back in the water but it will take him years to recover. A bad hose in the engine room as I recall.

Serious rigg'in.

Attachments

• all to 12-15-09 184 copy.jpg
    all to 12-15-09 184 copy.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 102
Greetings,
Mister Hendo. Just calm down and bloody go and sit in the shade for a bit. You're doin' a bonzer job on what yoos have now. I fully appreciate your empathy with the sad, neglected and weather worn but one at a time. Just watching your posts tires me out.

Greetings,
Mister Hendo. Just calm down and bloody go and sit in the shade for a bit. You're doin' a bonzer job on what yoos have now. I fully appreciate your empathy with the sad, neglected and weather worn but one at a time. Just watching your posts tires me out.

Hahahahahaha FINE!!!! LOL ;-)

I think my problem is not so much too much time as lack of motivation...

LOL see I'm still a young buck amongst the ... Ummm ... Errmm ... Well ... Well lets just leave it at that.

Next post pleaseeee! ;-)

Hey RTF ... The admiral said the only boat I can build next is this hahaha. The look on this guys face was pretty much the same as I had when she told me lol

Attachments

• image-1281710031.jpg
    image-1281710031.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 85
He's got it made .twin screw. forward and reverse.could even do tight
manouvers.just so long as nobody does dive bombs in the pool.
icon10.gif

Gordon.

He's got it made .twin screw. forward and reverse.could even do tight
manouvers.just so long as nobody does dive bombs in the pool.

Gordon.

Hahaha ... Oh wait... Bugger. Here I am supporting twin screws! :-( lol

Hey RTF ... The admiral said the only boat I can build next is this hahaha. The look on this guys face was pretty much the same as I had when she told me lol

wonder how you would do with a single screw?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom