Trawler Master Class

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikehar

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Gallivant
Vessel Make
Northern Marine 64
My good friend and boat mentor, Cliff Rome, has just released his first video! Cliff has been living aboard Oasis, a 70ft Delta, for about 20-30yrs and has gone all around the world. The first video covers a whole lot of info about voyaging from California to Canada.

Cliff has taught me a good deal of what I know about boating including teaching me how to dock large boats, how to maintain and clean everything, and how to do it in style (at which I fail miserably).

https://youtu.be/opyFJp0lkhc

This promises to be extremely useful, thank you for sharing!

I subscribed as well. What an amazing boat. I love the density of information. Quite thick and I love it. Thanks a bunch.

Great first Video. Don't know if I am now more eager or more scared!! Bring on the rest of the videos

Fantastic! Many thanks for the link - subscribed.

Subscribed as well. He has such a natural tone to instruct. Well done and awaiting future episodes!

The Delta 70, what a great vessel. Most were built for offshore fishing fleets with some lucky ones having the yacht version.

Watched the first one. Well done! Subscribed.

I've started watching....most of the way through the first...which was really an intro the series for the first big chunk.... I'm not familiar with the west coast, so it's hard for me to relate or get much out of it. Looking forward to the east coast and beyond!
I'm very interested in continuing...although I was hoping it would be more 'entertaining' and 'fun' and perhaps less 'school', so I could drag my DW along to watch with me.... I've been looking for a series to watch with her to fan the spark of interest in her.

Hospital operating rooms aren't as clean as that engine room.....wow!!

I wish I had the time and money to cruise the way they do. He is much more detailed with his record keeping than I am but that my be a result of his being a Navy Brat.

I once made that trip south along the coast from Seattle to Stockton and we chickened out, stopping along the way to duck into ports when the weather got too nasty. The skipper wanted to keep going but Doug and I outvoted him a couple of times.

I also went north from the Columbia River mouth to Seattle and the weather cooperated 100%.

Thanks Neptune!

Well done thoughtful video. Thanks for posting. I'm quite sure my engine room will never look anything like that! I too have subscribed and look forward to future videos. I sure appriciate the time and effort it takes to make these happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom