Trawler Forum Problems???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Comodave

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Black Dog
Vessel Make
Formula 41PC
Since last night I have not gotten 1 email regarding threads I am subscribed to having been updated. In a normal day I usually get in excess of 50 emails saying someone has posted to a thread I am subscribed to. Also last night I got logged out multiple times, every few minutes it would ask me to login. Has anyone else had any problems like these?

Emails have stopped!

I opened my email this morning and found 4-5 TF emails.
If you have windows 10 then you have experienced an update. Because I have 5 computers in office I know the cause when only one acts up after they all get the latest.

I am using an iPad. I just checked and the automatic updates are off on it, so it hasn’t updated recently.

I am using an iPad. I just checked and the automatic updates are off on it, so it hasn’t updated recently.

I have noted that when online logged in to TF new posts are not emailed. Maybe that is your coincidence. You did not notice when you logged off? Or you remained logged on but were not actively viewing.
Just now opened a second link and see a new post done since logged in and no email.

I have been logged in for probably a couple of years. I never log off and until yesterday or the night before I always got emails notifying me of new posts. Strange. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this happening.

Como,
That is interesting. I almost never actually "logout", but TF logs me out often, sometimes after only a very short time of "no activity" from me. I would say, if I have left my computer for more than 30 minutes, TF logs me out.
I have noticed less email from the forum lately, but just assumed that there might be less posts??

I have literally been logged in for years, so long that I wasn’t sure what my password was. I would get in excess of 50 emails a day until night before last. Since then I have received 0 emails. I checked my settings and they are still set to notify me of new posts. ???

Ok, found the problem. My wife and I both use iPads almost all of the time. We have a Windows 10 laptop that we only use when we want to print something. Somehow the “rules” in Outlook on the laptop changed in regards to Trawler Forum and decided that all TF emails were junk email. I changed the rules on the laptop and all the emails I have missed suddenly appeared on my iPad, 198 of them. Thanks everyone who tried to help me.

And there it is, a wonderful win 10 update strikes again. As said before only one of 5 are doing the same, mostly not remembering passwords that are in password memory file. That comp is now being reset from scratch as I gave up trying to find the registry at fault.

I called Apple support to see if they could help. A nice lady from somewhere with an accent I could not understand told me that the issue was that the iPad wasn’t up to date with the latest software. She said update it and it would fix the problem. Well it didn’t and I tried to tell her it wouldn’t but she insisted. I updated and now everything has changed on my iPad. Sucks. I hate updates. And it didn’t fix the problem, the laptop rules change fixed it.

:rofl: Florida? Texas? One of those y'all states. Maybe it was Quebec. Can't imagine where else tech support may be located.

I’ve been logged on to TF for 13 years.
I think.

I have been having the same problems with notification. I receiving some, but not all. Also, I went looking for the recent posts on Lifepo4s and Balmars and am not finding them on New Posts. Just read them today on recent posts. Went back three days and couldn't find them.

The piano's been drinking, not me. (Tom Waits)

Tator

Last edited:
mainship, Hydraulic uniflow control unit

Hydraulic uniflow control unit for 1979 Mainship 34

I need one of these, where can I put my hands on one?

Hydraulic uniflow control unit for 1979 Mainship 34

I need one of these, where can I put my hands on one?

The uniflow valve has been out of production for decades, maybe you could get lucky and overhaul it............:banghead:

An old timer told me to take one to a good hydraulic shop and they should have a similar valve or can get one.

Back
Top Bottom