Trawler Conversion - Cruising Under Power, South East Asia in Converted Fishing Bo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
RunningTide
Vessel Make
37 Louisiane catamaran
Trawler Conversion - Cruising Under Power - S E Asia in a Converted Fishing Boat

Great website I had lost track of:
Cruising Under Power Southeast Asia in a Converted Fishing Boat

In 2001 we converted MV Lifeline, a commercial fishing boat, to a power passagemaker, setting off in 2005 from Brisbane in Australia, through Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia to Thailand, Borneo, the Philippines and other parts of Southeast Asia. This site tells what we did and how we are doing it - conversion costs, cruising costs, anchorages and lots more. We know how difficult it is to get information about converting a trawler, cruising long distance in a motor boat and where to travel (by boat) in South East Asia

Attachments

• MV Lifeline.jpg
    MV Lifeline.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,725
  • MV Lifeline over.jpg
    MV Lifeline over.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
These are of the MV Eileen Farrell a Louisiana shrimp trawler converted to cruising boat by Lorenzo and Joyce a few years ago I believe she is about 65' They have cruised the Gulf and Atlantic Coasts of the US then down to Central America now in Panama.
Picture on top is in Panama, lower the Bay islands, Honduras

Attachments

• Lorenzo Joyce's Eileen Farrell.JPG
    Lorenzo Joyce's Eileen Farrell.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 1,136
  • Lorenzo Joyce's Eileen Farrell 2.JPG
    Lorenzo Joyce's Eileen Farrell 2.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,340
Last edited:
Our boat is a conversion as well . Below the back deck was the fish hold and it still lingers on, but has lots of storage down there now.The previous owner made a couple trips to the Abacos .

This is one I saw in New Orleans for sale.

Attachments

• Fa Yee K.jpg
    Fa Yee K.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 982
Back
Top Bottom