Trawler Charter - Caribbean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SDSailor

Does anyone know where I might charter a trawler in the Caribbean? I have found some power catamarans for charter but am struggling to find a trawler. Looking for a relaxing escape where I spend a week or so on the boat, hopefully at anchor. Appreciate any assistance.

Looking for a relaxing escape where I spend a week or so on the boat, hopefully at anchor. Appreciate any assistance.

The type of boat is relevant, if those are your goals. You could do that in a sailboat.

Almost all of the Caribbean powerboat charters are moving over to cats. Voluminous exterior and common spaces. Relatively equal sized cabins. Stable at sea and anchor, and easy to dock.

Like the idea of a trawler. For 4 couples a cat might make sense but for 2 an unnecessary expense. Know there are cat fans here but spending years watching powercats in the Caribbean in the Caribbean they hobbyhorse going into a wave train which can be uncomfortable. Seem that they’re basically the same boat as the production sailing cats minus the rig so more prone to do so. They look a bit more difficult to dock in a crosswind and it’s disconcerting to watch them bumping off of things as they try.
Agree with the OP a trawler might be a betting choice. After you go through sun sail and the other big multi national chains would call local boat brokers . They might have the local knowledge to hook you up.

Back
Top Bottom