Traveling to Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’ve never once seen the Q flag flown out here on the west coast. I just checked my courtesy flags, well what do you know, I have one correct, one incorrect. In my defense, both were purchased in Canada.

Attachments

• fisherman-kiss-fish.jpg
    fisherman-kiss-fish.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 25
I just bought a Canada flag (drapeau du Canada) from a shop in Cowichan. I had looked in a bunch of places (Wallmart, Canadian Tire). Lots to choose from, but I only found one shop that had the right size courtesy flag for my boat (9"x18") and was Canadian made. The many others were Chinese made with 2x3 dimensions (and half the price).

My flag is from flyingcoloursintl.com, a Canadian company. Their website has lots of info but they also sell Canada flags in the wrong dimensions (4'x6', etc.). They even sell "Government Specification Fabric" flags in the wrong dimensions. Who knew? I never noticed until this thread. My new flag is definitely different than my past flags.

I think that if my U.S. flag was the wrong dimensions, say perfectly square, both I and the manufacturer would get lots of comments, none good. Canadians are too polite?

I was unable to find anything official from the Canadian government, but I found in an unofficial site that you should NOT fly a Q flag when entering Canada. If you fly a yellow flag entering Canada, it means that your boat is infected, and customs will not clear your boat until you are checked by a health inspector:

https://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/ca~q.html

I can’t vouch for the accuracy of that link, though.

Back
Top Bottom