New member here. Iím beginning to be in the market for a trailerable trawler, so Iím first looking for a list of models to consider.
Here are my demands:
1. Trailerable- to be towed with F250. Donít want to push the limits here. I realize the more of a pain it is to tow/launch the less we are likely to use it.
2. Designed for low power- 5-7knots is fine for us. Weíre definitely pokey-boat people.
3. Per the above, would like a small diesel(preferred) or small high thrust outboard.
4. Comfortable in (minimally) rough water- crowded bay, ICW, not looking for a blue water boat by any stretch, but donít want to be concerned if the waterís not glassy. (I have a boat for that.)
5. Budget < 50,000 preferably a decent amount less
6. Timeline is 2-5 years, but would possibly go ahead and buy if a great deal came along.
Plan of use::
1. Long weekends on local lakes.
2. River cruising weekends(Maybe Tenn-Tom if current/speed allow)
3. Longer stays on planned routes with day stops.
4. Selected ICW cruises of moderate duration
Note: I am capable and willing to do my own repairs and maintenance, but would like the boat I buy to be at least usable at purchase.
Makes/models in current consideration and comments:
Albin 25 - probably too small but otherwise seems to fit the bill.
Albin 27 - would like to get on one for a look see.
Nimble Nomad/Wanderer/29 - all seem like good candidates, Nomad may be a tad small, but workable
Pathfinder 29- know nothing about it
Prairie 29 - know nothing about it
Roughwater 29- know nothing about it
Marine Trader 34 - probably pushing the envelope on the trailerable requirement. Itís trailerable, but I can see it being enough pain hauling, launching, and retrieving that I wouldnít use it much.
What other boats should be in contention given my use plan and requirements?
Oh, and since Iím inland, Iíve never seen any of these and donít have a lot of prospects to without a drive to the coast.
Thanks for your feedback.