Tradewind 44' cruiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wayne Lang

Can anyone tell me where my 44' tradewind cruiser was made and where I could get some specs on it.

This is a guess, since I never seen a Tradewind, but does it look like this?

http://www.powerboatguide.com/Free_Access_files/Marine%20Trader%20Tradewinds%2043%20MY.pdf

If that is the right boat, here is what the current Powerboat Guide says, "Built in Taiwan by Lien Hwa and marketed in the U.S. by Marine Trading International, the Tradewinds 43 Motor Yacht achieved a good deal of popularity during her production years thanks to a low price and a lavish teak interior. She rides on a solid fiberglass hull with a relatively wide beam and a shallow keel for directional stability. The standard two-stateroom interior of the Tradewinds boasts a spacious salon with a standard lower helm to starboard and a built-in entertainment center to port. The galley and dinette are down, and a deck door adjacent to the lower helm provides easy access to the deck. Note that while the Tradewinds 43 was certainly an inexpensive boat, the grain-matched teak interior woodwork is finished to a very high standard. Topside, a wet bar and wing doors were standard on the full-width aft deck, and the flybridge is arranged with the helm forward and guest seating aft. A hardtop, radar arch, swim platform, and bow pulpit were standard. Twin 210hp Cummins diesels will cruise the Tradewinds 43 MY at 14 knots (17–18 knots top), and a pair of 275hp Lehmans will cruise at 16–17 knots and reach 20 knots wide open."

Here are some specs:
Length................................. 42'6"
Beam................................. 14'11"
Draft.................................... 3'10"
Weight........................... 27,500#
Clearance................................NA
Fuel...............................500 gals.
Water............................320 gals.
Headroom............................. 6'4"
Hull Type.................... Modified-V
Deadrise Aft............................NA

The picture of your boat doesn't look like the Marine Trader Tradewind, so I got nothing!

Back
Top Bottom