Trade boats for a week?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
I'm interested in seeing if there is anyone out there that would like to trade boats for a week or possible two. Our 36' Marine Trader two stateroom sedan is in Deltaville, Va on the Chesapeake Bay. I am particularly interested in something on the west coast of Florida. Are there any websites or services for similar types of exchanges?

While this type trading is common in summer homes and at times RV's, I dont think you will get much response on a boat swop.

The hassle is there is no way to check skill levels ,even a USCG captains license only means someone logged time (pencil time?) on some boat somewhere , and passed a paper test , with the "Study Guide's " help.

Also folks that actually have time , may have skills in a different type of boat.

A master of twin engines , may have a hard time backing a single screw down a row and into a slip. A single guy will be shocked at the lack of rudder response on most twins in reverse.

IF the boats actually agreed to cruise , no marina , anchor every time , it might be easier to find a Swopper.

Good Luck in your endeavor,

FF

Back
Top Bottom