Too cold for me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Cincinnati, we keep boating until around Nov 1st. That's when temps starts to hover in the 50's and that's too cold for us.

I live on a golf course. If we get a sunny dry winter day and its in the 30's or above, we have people on our course. I love golf, but not that much. :) Needs to be in the 60's before I'd get out and hit a ball.

This year we could have kept the boat in the water until January, but you never know. This morning when my wife got up it was -4. Now in 20s so not too bad.

A nice day for adventure boating.... :D

Attachments

• Ant.jpg
    Ant.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Just took our 22' center console out of Kona Harbor to go diving. A week of stormy Wx has dropped the water temp down from 79 to 73 degrees. That's at the very limit of comfort for us. Still overcast and 78 degrees, should be 80-82 degrees and sunny. It's a big difference over here in Hawaii. I guess it's just what you get use to. I know I won't get much sympathy, but it is what it is LOL

Nothing other than what the ship guys called it.... "Arctic Survey Boat".
Just curious to know if your pic and the last pic in the other thread are the same. NBD. I just wanted to fully resolve the old thread. I'm like that :)

Maybe post same pic over there?

I have no idea if they are the same, the one photo didn't have any ID marks showing. As far as I know there were 4 0r 5 of those boats back in the mid 80s when I was serving on those icebreakers.

You might try researching them through USCG channels if that interested. There is a USCG historian that might have info on where they went.

The boat in my pic was attached to the USCGC Glacier (WAGB 4) in 1984 -1985.

Last edited:
Tx. Sorry to sidetrack.

Central CA here and the high of the day is 55F. The low is 35F.

I'm at home and the boat is in the dock.

Another month ought to be good - :)

Negative 17C expected here tonight in Toronto, and windy. Gonna stay at that temp for a day or two then warm back up.

I haven't hung bubblers yet. It's been a warm winter.

I am a looper now in southern Florida wearing shorts and tee shirts. 85 today 77 tonight. I am from Massachusetts and as I have aged I really hate the cold. They are getting severe cold and wind starting tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom