Toilets, Electric or manual ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When my boys were young, under maybe 8 and we would fly, I told them if they were quick they could see the ground when they flushed. They never saw it because it always too dark, we were above the clouds or they weren't quick enough...
After that age they came to know I was full of it.

No one ever mentions Tecma Toilets when we have these discussions. I have two and IMHO you cant beat them.
Interesting! I'm hearing this more and more from people in my marina that cruise quite often. When my Vacuflush toilets give up the ghost, I'm definitely going to take a serious look at the "Tecmas."

Re nightime flushes....we have a "no flush rule" during the night

Interesting! I'm hearing this more and more from people in my marina that cruise quite often. When my Vacuflush toilets give up the ghost, I'm definitely going to take a serious look at the "Tecmas."

Walt, how does the noise level and operation of your Vacuflush compare to your Jabsco Quietflush in your previous boat?

Walt, how does the noise level and operation of your Vacuflush compare to your Jabsco Quietflush in your previous boat?

FWIW, I can compare the other direction: the Vacuflush in our previous boat was louder than the freshwater electric Jabsco Quiet Flush in this boat.

Mostly it was the initial POP! as the vacuum broke, after that, OK. That POP! would probably wake the dead, in the middle of the night.

-Chris

Why does it never occur to anyone to turn off the V/F pump when they go to bed? Many boats even have "night switch" in the head to use instead of turning it off at the main breaker. There's always one flush left. "Night visits" are almost always urine only, so if you don't even want that much noise, add some water to the bowl ahead of use and just leave it in the bowl till you turn the pump back on in the morning.

Greetings,
Ms. H. I concur. If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down...

330f.gif

Back
Top Bottom