Timing is everything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danderer

Guru
Vessel Name
Infinity
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 48
Had our survey (1000 miles from here) scheduled for March 19/20.

Decided to postpone due to health concerns with several of the survey participants.

So we now take you to the holding pattern..

I think that owning a boat in this time of isolation is so important, and the economy is so stunted that I would make a ridiculous offer and skip the survey if you have to. Especially if you live where you can get boating right now.

Maybe I'm talking a bit "tongue in cheek" but I do think it is important to get out boating. The best isolation in the world. And fuel is getting cheaper by the day.

Go Boating!

pete

Had our survey (1000 miles from here) scheduled for March 19/20.

Decided to postpone due to health concerns with several of the survey participants.

So we now take you to the holding pattern..

The surveyor could perform the survey alone. I can understand postponing the seatrial. I wouldn't expect to have the surveyor take the boat out alone.

We're in a similar situation. We're under contract to purchase a new home and also under contract to sell our current home. current home is closing on April 7. New home is closing on April 30.

If the closing of our current home is delayed, it might impact the purchase of our new home. We're talking about whether we are going to need to close on our current home and start renting our own home from the new owner if there is a shelter-in-place order.

Our home was schedule to close last week, it was done in a large room with lots of social distancing. Was sweating it as you never know if folks are going to panic. What were your plans for when the current home closed, can you keep them?

I wish it was warm enough to self quarantine on the boat.

Unprecedented

These really are unprecedented times we are living through. I tell my sellers and buyers every day. Remain flexible, understand we are all going through this together. Know at the end of the day things will return back to some normalcy. Truly our goals when entering a transaction typically don't change, the need or want to buy or sell a large asset such as a boat or home remains. Do the research, listen and filter, make the best decision you can given what information you have today and it will be the right one for you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom