Thinking outside the boat (seasteading/building a private island?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, thanks for that detailed answer! Well, now I know!
Man, I am really GOOD at BAD ideas! :D

Is it safe to assume that none of that would apply if I was in international waters (and I was careful to stay out of shipping lanes)? Not that I’m going to continue to pursue this idea - I’m just curious.

You are not free to do as you want regarding many things. I have wondered what happened to all the past societies laws and regulations when they were wiped out by whatever major disaster came along. Eventually people setup new governments and new laws. Today we are a really heavily regulated busybody nanny state and the courts are busy with people suing and court trials with other people.

Get an old diesel powered submarine to anchor out.

Fun in the sun on deck when weather is good. Big storm coming... no prob... submerge till it passes.

Pirates on the prowell... submerge; they'll soon get board. Periscope-up to see if they've left yet!

CG, tax collectors, marine wardens - submerge handles all that too!!

If you happen to win the lottery... then you can cruise the world in your own big sub.

Best Idea EVR:thumb::thumb:

Seems to be working for one Asian country.

This is the best idea I’ve seen on TF yet!

Please do it. Work hard and go about it with passion and you can accomplish anything.

We all thought Hendo was crazy and he almost has a floating boat.

Reading this post and the other one about having a green house aboard to be auto sufficient (eating lettuce and basil) bring me to a question: are you trying to be ready to survive a zombi apocalypse?

L

There's a couple in BC on the coast that has a collection of floating objects that make a home. It's in a sheltered cove with just the tide to deal with. They've been there for years. No idea what the rules are.

AN old Nike site might be harder to locate and easier to defend.

I think you can still book trips to this place:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.starnewsonline.com/news/20180503/frying-pan-tower-turned-bed-and-breakfast-up-for-auction%3ftemplate=ampart

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom