TF members from Jackonville/St. Augustine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knotheadcharters

Vessel Name
Amar la Vida
Vessel Make
1989 Carver Californian 48' MY
Just curious to know how we fared in the wake of Irma. I am at Harbortown Marina at Atlantic Blvd and the Intercoastal. We did not lose any boats and very minimal damage to some canvas. I heard that Trout river was devastated and Beach Marine lost a lot of the floating docks.

We are fine in Queens Harbour across the road. No issues with any boats here. Tons of big trees down in our canopy heavy neighborhood though.

I had not heard that regarding Beach Marine, I would have thought anything that happened to them would have happened to Palm Cove as well?

Several boats sunk or damaged in various Sebastian river spots(St Augustine) and downtown marinas were inaccessible due to flooding. I don't know how boats fared at St Aug Marine or Oasis boatyard. Us 1 was blocked off by police 2 days ago.

WOW, Capt. Jack, that report sounded gruesome. I dodged a bullet with Moonstruck. She was hauled at Cracker Boys before I left. Just had a hunch that Irma could be a bad one. No damage reported. Of course, I am anxious to get down to check on her. However, the last thing Florida needs is one more person clogging the highways. I do hope that Larry and Lenas' Hobo did not get damaged.

I think that Oasis Boat Yard had some way to securely tie down hauled boats. I would be surprised if they had much damage.

Green Cove Springs marina on St.Johns - one boat sunk, 3 small damage. Some floating docks damage. After all - better that Mathews last year.

WOW, Capt. Jack, that report sounded gruesome. I dodged a bullet with Moonstruck. She was hauled at Cracker Boys before I left. Just had a hunch that Irma could be a bad one. No damage reported. Of course, I am anxious to get down to check on her. However, the last thing Florida needs is one more person clogging the highways. I do hope that Larry and Lenas' Hobo did not get damaged.

I think that Oasis Boat Yard had some way to securely tie down hauled boats. I would be surprised if they had much damage.

I talked to my buddy who had his big Hatteras at St Aug Marine.He fared well,they wouldn't let him access until yesterday.

Larry reports Hobo did just fine.
Glad Moonstruck prevailed!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom