Which TF member's car is this???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
Ok, is this Marin's? *Nomadwilly?? *FF?? RTF? *Who's car is this- I am quite sure it is one of y'alls! *
biggrin.gif

img_2476_1_319b02264fd071ba055c4a783ff6dc33.jpg

Not mine.

This is mine with a possible winter project laid out for thought.

Attachments

• mgbprops.jpg
    mgbprops.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 86
I can kind of understand the props and bell.**
The air snorkle on the front but what is the pot and spoon suppose to represent.

SD

skipperdude wrote:

... but what is the pot and spoon suppose to represent.

SD
Bailing gear?

dwhatty wrote:

skipperdude wrote:

... but what is the pot and spoon suppose to represent.

SD
Bailing gear?

Ah yes.

SD

Pod and spoon are clues to be sure but only Italians and Aussies would drive someth'in like that. And look at that snorkel on the stbd side fwd. Aussies like them too. But the big giveaway is that positively weird license plate. Peter B ?

nomadwilly wrote:

Pod and spoon are clues to be sure but only Italians and Aussies would drive someth'in like that. And look at that snorkel on the stbd side fwd. Aussies like them too. But the big giveaway is that positively weird license plate. Peter B ?
Not Italian for sure, we would have a fuse and blasting caps attached*somewhere.

seems Ledokol is a Russian company, maybe Vodka?
The Optic 2000 rally is held in Northern Africa. Looks like "RU" is on the license plate behind the bell, maybe it is a Russian car.
What a racket that thing must make going down a bumpy road.
Steve W.

It is a Russian plate, 97 is one of the region codes for Moscow.

Woodsong wrote:Russian? So a communist boater?? ;)

So is this one ...

Attachments

• roman-abramovich-yacht-ecli.jpg
    roman-abramovich-yacht-ecli.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 78
skipperdude w

I can kind of understand the props and bell.**
The air snorkle on the front but what is the pot and spoon suppose to represent.

SD
Maybe its a kitchen rudder ?

The huge increase in wealth among the Russian business-tycoon class spurred a giant "arms race" in yachts. A co-worker who did a project in Moscow told me that there are rows of gigantic yachts lining the river that runs through Moscow (Volga?). They were built for the new class of mega-rich businessmen for the sole purpose of outdoing their neighbors. He was told the yachts never actually go anywhere, they are just proof of the owner's wealth and power.

Marin wrote:

They were built for the new class of mega-rich businessmen for the sole purpose of outdoing their neighbors. He was told the yachts never actually go anywhere, they are just proof of the owner's wealth and power.

That is the SAME reason I bought our Monk 36!! * hahahaha *
biggrin.gif
no.gif
biggrin.gif

Good thing I am happy with my lot in life (which is better than many like others on TF but not as excessive as some in this world) and fine peace and love and joy in my happy life. *
smile.gif

-- Edited by Woodsong on Wednesday 29th of December 2010 09:18:42 PM

Marin wrote:they are just proof of the owner's wealth and power.
They aren't all that way. Russians generally are very much family oriented and use their boats the way many of us would love to do if we had that kind of money.

I was recently on a very large Russian owned boat in Costa Rica that was not chartered and was set up to provide the owner and his family a secure and luxurious resort that moved to whichever part of the world they wanted to enjoy.

Maybe that is his share of the boat after the divorce*
furious.gif

Allan

Back
Top Bottom