TF Member CarDude tests disaster again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the update on Bill.

Prayers amigo!!! Hopefully everything is ok. Surgery of that kind is never easy on the body.

Got an acknowledgement from The Dude that his night was “way better” than the one before. I don’t know what they’re giving him in that IV cocktail but I think he might have diluted it with a couple shots of rum. Later, he noted that the swelling in the abdomen was also a bit less. Pullin for your rapid recovery, Bill.

Got an acknowledgement from The Dude that his night was “way better” than the one before. I don’t know what they’re giving him in that IV cocktail but I think he might have diluted it with a couple shots of rum. Later, he noted that the swelling in the abdomen was also a bit less. Pullin for your rapid recovery, Bill.

Perhaps the pink rum he made me drink in Fort Pierce :thumb:

Well, thanks for these positive news.

Here’s hoping that he continues getting better. We are all thinking about him, if you are in contact with him please pass on our good wishes.

Sorry for the lack of updates. It’s been a little shaky here, at least it feels that way because I’m flying blind without my wife here to muscle things the way they need to go. Because of covid no visitors are allowed.

After surgery Sunday night there was a plate of bacon and eggs on the tray, so I tried to eat it. Then for lunch I had a few lovely fresh green beans, broccoli and some kind of meat patty. Then my stomach replied, WTF are you doing to me?????

The strong antibiotics were making me very nauseated, and I started to throw up. This was not good evidently and it panicked the nurses. Something about aspirating or something. Anyway, they decided it best to shove a 52” tube (they actually measured it) up my nose then somehow it curved them I had to drink water out of a straw and swallow/gag the tube all the way into my stomach. This tube from hell was hooked up to some kind of vacuum pump and a tank and it slowly emptied my stomach. I even go to walk around the hallways with this contraption! Seriously, I think it was my crappiest day ever alive. Maybe I’m a big baby, but JFC. It was terrible.

The next day I got no food at all (just IV fluids) but I didn’t even care as long as the evil tube wasn’t in me. Today I had liquid “food” and it’s been a good day. Even passed gas and made some poo!

I’m hoping to get out of here tomorrow, but I have to eat some regular food again and hold it down. Fingers crossed. They now have me on lots of nausea meds so think it will be fine.

I asked one of the doctors about all that reg food after surgery and they said that standard after an appy. Maybe I’m just sensitive to harsh antibiotics.

Last edited:
iu

Bill - Be good. Be careful. Eventually you will be fine! Sorry you're having a hard go of it. - Cheers! Art

Perhaps the pink rum he made me drink in Fort Pierce :thumb:

Well, thanks for these positive news.

If I had some of that pink “rum”, I think I would be home already! [emoji12]

Bill, eat what you want.... Your body will tell you when you screwed up.
No booze until the doctor gives the okay. Then all things in moderation except sex. Good luck with that one. LOL

Greetings,
Mr. dude. Don't listen to "Dr." OD. It's really hard on the stitches when you have to puke up something that doesn't agree with you. Hey man, I'm doing MY part...No funny stuff until you get rid of that Mac crap and onto a REAL 'puter.

If I had some of that pink “rum”, I think I would be home already! [emoji12]

Bill, talk to them about probiotics. This will be critical for you going forward.

In fact it will make the difference between enjoying life and being absolutely effing miserable.

Ask me how I know after nearly losing our youngest.

Attachments

• ToriScar.jpg
    ToriScar.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 31
Well that tube sounds downright unpleasant. I hope I never meet one.

This trip to the hospital has been no fun for poor Bill. I can tell because his mind is totally off boats. We haven’t obsessed over over a boat since the day before he went in. Here’s hoping your well enough to go home tomorrow on schedule, Bill, but whatever it takes to be back healthy will be worth it.

Greetings,
Mr. dude. Don't listen to "Dr." OD. It's really hard on the stitches when you have to puke up something that doesn't agree with you. Hey man, I'm doing MY part...No funny stuff until you get rid of that Mac crap and onto a REAL 'puter.

Nope, dont listen to me. I am not licensed to practice medicine anywhere in the world.
Each time I have left the hospital, I always asked if there were dietary limitations and every time I was told, eat what you want, your body will tell you if you screwed up. The only exception was after dental surgery .... then it was "soft foods." That lasted maybe 2 days. After about 2-3 days and I was back to chewing on shoe leather.

Bill:

These complications from your appendectomy are just awful. Have you asked the doctors what they think caused this, i.e. do they think your appendix was so infected when they removed it that the infection may have spread?

Thank God for antibiotics, but large doses can definitely make one nauseous.

Fingers crossed that today your gut has improved enough to be discharged.

Good luck,
Mrs. Trombley

Miz Trom:

Unfortunately for Bill, his appendix had already burst before the operation, so the consequences are those of a burst appendix, not just a removed appendix. At least from what I’ve heard, Bill‘s symptoms are pretty much in line with the tsunami of anti-biotics given. Now the concern is the treatment may have also killed much of the good bacteria in his colon. After the Doctor’s analysis this morning, the Dude’s release date was pushed back another day.

Thanks, Larry.

After the Doctor’s analysis this morning, the Dude’s release date was pushed back another day.
Oh boy. That's too bad. Bill, keep getting better!

Mrs. T

7-10 days is what I always heard about a bursted appendix. 4-5 days I thought sounded pretty aggressive. Either way, Good luck Bill and heal up!!!

Miz Trom:

Unfortunately for Bill, his appendix had already burst before the operation, so the consequences are those of a burst appendix, not just a removed appendix. At least from what I’ve heard, Bill‘s symptoms are pretty much in line with the tsunami of anti-biotics given. Now the concern is the treatment may have also killed much of the good bacteria in his colon. After the Doctor’s analysis this morning, the Dude’s release date was pushed back another day.

Hence the need for a good regimen of probiotics Dude.

When you come up to home port in JAX you will be subject to a rigorous medical evaluation of your probiotics - be forewarned!

Made it home this evening. No boat to hang out on here in Texas, but a pretty good view from my quaranteen bedroom upstairs.[emoji40]

60756576061__45F474C1-4A18-49B5-AFF3-F57BA97A59FE.jpg

Hence the need for a good regimen of probiotics Dude.

When you come up to home port in JAX you will be subject to a rigorous medical evaluation of your probiotics - be forewarned!

Looking forward to coming up. Hey if you get antsy maybe you could bring ole Bijou up to Jax for me if this thing goes on too long. I still have some pink rum aboard! [emoji51]

I’m just kidding, but I do worry if COVID-19 lasts too long into the summer I don’t want to get caught in Stuart during hurricane season. If I can’t make it might have to hire a delivery captain I guess. Know any in Jax?

Looking forward to coming up. Hey if you get antsy maybe you could bring ole Bijou up to Jax for me if this thing goes on too long. I still have some pink rum aboard! [emoji51]

I’m just kidding, but I do worry if COVID-19 lasts too long into the summer I don’t want to get caught in Stuart during hurricane season. If I can’t make it might have to hire a delivery captain I guess. Know any in Jax?

We have no plans for the summer right now, so PM me when you are ready and we can go down and bring her up if needed using a one-way car rental. We certainly know the way that's for sure. :)

I will have to wear a mask though as I don't want anyone to see me on a boat with a mast! :)

I sent the Dude a text a little after 8PM this evening (Thurs, 4-2) and he says he forgot to tell us he was released, ...arrived home around 7PM or so. I’m sure he’s relieved but I think the hospital might have wanted to get rid of him. Every time he set out to take his flatulent walk down the corridor, the floor supervisor would issue a “shelter in place” warning to the rest of the patients.:eek:

Well, it’s great to know you’re home, Dude, even if you’re in a family forced quarantine. You’ve got more cable TV channels, pink rum, a good bed and something other than jello to get well with. Welcome home and best wishes for a rapid and thorough healing, cuz the lawn needs mowed.:flowers:

Thanks Larry. So good to be back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom