TF Member CarDude tests disaster again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Bill keeps getting into mischief, we may have to quarantine him.....

My lovely wife said she is quarantining me when I get home just to be safe. She takes care of her 80 yo dad with bad copd, so she absolutely can’t afford to get infected with covid.

Rumors have it that the Dude got a visit from Nurse Flotmyer this morning. She hopes that he didn’t mind the thick fingers she got while throwing the shotput in her old Navy days. She says the Dude will be a regular morning stop till he’s well enough to check out. Gee, Bill does look kind-of pale in the picture.

Attachments

• 6B7636A3-630D-4D06-B7FF-1A5848560AA4.jpeg
    6B7636A3-630D-4D06-B7FF-1A5848560AA4.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 232
I was masked-up on one of my walks this AM, and when nearing the nurses station I overheard one nurse without a mask telling another nurse wearing a mask that the virus was unable to be transmitted in the air.

I “quickly” shuffled past them, figuring maskless nurse was likely infected. She actually probably isn’t, but I ain’t taking any chances.

I “quickly” shuffled past them, figuring maskless nurse was likely infected. She actually probably isn’t, but I ain’t taking any chances.

I might take a chance depending upon her beauty and sweet.
Send her recent picture and contact information.

Last edited:
I might take a chance depending upon her beauty and sweet.
Send her recent picture and contact information.

Next time I’m out doing the shuffle I’ll get a long distance pic. [emoji40]

Next time I’m out doing the shuffle I’ll get a long distance pic. [emoji40]

6 or 7 ft is considered acceptable social distance to be safe. 10ft will be acceptable too. LOL:angel:

When it comes to knowing how to have fun, Dude, you set the bar high. Peace and health (or vice-versa)!

I hope heal up and get out of there soon. I have heard that usually a burst appendix is a solid week in the hospital. I had mine out 5 years ago. I woke up with classic symptoms. I had to fly that night which forced me to the hospital to see what was going on. Had I not had to fly that night, there was a good chance that I would have not gone to the hospital until it got bad. I was only in the hospital for two days. I was given the option to go home early right as soon as they pushed the plunger on some dilaudid. I would caution any important decisions made after said plunger is pushed. I should've stayed in another day.

Anyway brutha, get well soon!!

My lovely wife said she is quarantining me when I get home just to be safe. She takes care of her 80 yo dad with bad copd, so she absolutely can’t afford to get infected with covid.

Especially after the lab lady, it makes sense.

I would have booted the lab lady out.

Greetings,
Mr. dude.

"...sneezed and coughed all over her cart full of bottles."

"...nurse wearing a mask that the virus was unable to be transmitted in the air."

I hope the vet that did your operation washed his hands after neutering that cat.

iu

Bill:

So glad to hear you got a mask. Someone needs to give the nurse who thinks that viruses can't be transmitted in the air a whack upside the head. Where'd she go to school - Wossamatta U?

And dayum, Dude, the lab tech sneezing all over the cart - she needs more than a head whack. Not wearing a mask is beyond malpractice.

Who's running this hospital, Moe & Curly?

And I agree with Jewel, it's 14 days in the quarantine room for you.

Wash your hands,
Mrs. Trombley

Last edited:
Hey Bill. I was trying to think who that Nurse Flotmyer reminded me of, and then it came to me. Remember that movie “Misery” with Kathy Bates and James Caan?

Redirect Notice

He didn't get out of the Cocka Duty Car...

Mr. Man

Last edited:
Bill,

Our best wishes for a prompt recovery.

Warm greetings,

p.s. No pink rum anymore ! :)

Olivier & Pilou

First let me apologize for the following.
Man wakes up in hospital wearing an oxygen mast.
Nurse comes in and gives him a partial sponge....
He asks her, "Are my testicles black". This catches the young nurse off guard and tells him she wont check them.... Well he kept asking and finally gives in raises the sheet and robe.... checks them out with her fingers and tells him NO. At this point the patient takes the mask off and says, 'While I did enjoy that but the question I asked was, "Are my test back yet?"

Okay, I will slink back into the no comment corner again. SORRY

Note to moderator, delete this if you wish.

Last edited:
Bill: Yesterday, during your appendectomy, the Admiral witnessed me suffering from abdominal cramps which she deducted must be sympathetic pains for my friend, Bill. Today, however, when I suggested that you must surely be the provocation for my subsequent (massive) posterior expressions of methane into our compressed, quarantined environment, she insists that there is no such thing as “sympathetic gas”. :nonono::blush:

Last edited:
Bill: Yesterday, during your appendectomy, the Admiral witnessed me suffering from abdominal cramps which she deducted must be sympathetic pains for my friend, Bill. Today, however, when I suggested that you must surely be the provocation for my subsequent (massive) posterior expressions of methane into our compressed, quarantined environment, she insists that there is no such thing as “sympathetic gas”. :nonono::blush:

ahhaahahahahahaha

Silver lining is, first sign of CV is loss of sense of smell. Keep it up, the Admiral doesn`t complain it`s time to test. That`s if you`ve not been booted out or had a cork inserted beforehand.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Bill!
We've got 22 covid cases here in the next county east of you....you're probably safer in your hospital than ours!
Luke

In Vietnam they are closing hospitals

Glad all went well Bill . Take care

Had a good friend go through the same 2 summers ago...

Good luck, my friends experience was bad...not horrible...thankfully.

Yup, the same thing happened to me two years ago when I was far away from home. Fortunately I was near a very good hospital. The surgeon said it could have been a intensive care death watch had it gone another 12-24 hours.

Rest up Dude and good luck.

I’m not to confident about The Dude’s progress today. Strong antibiotics kept him nauseated just about the whole day and it wasn’t until they put him on IV food that he finally started to feel a little better. Bill does seem to have a bit of concern that they may have to go in again and clean up the area a little more if he doesn’t improve on the antibiotics.

That a joke?? If not... why are they closing???

No joke at all. The hospitals are full of people with the virus and have no more room for patients.

No joke at all. The hospitals are full of people with the virus and have no more room for patients.

Oh - Closing the doors to more patients... not closing the hospitals. I misunderstood you. Being a NYer I sometimes take things too literal! :facepalm: :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom