TF Member CarDude tests disaster again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Prolific TF member “CarDude” is tempting disaster again, this time it’s HIM instead of his boat. I didn’t get any response from my texts to Bill these last two days so I sent him a rather sarcastic HELLO this morning and he answered he’s been having severe abdominal pain for the last two days. A couple of hours later Bill texted that the problem was his appendix and he was headed for the Hospital ER.

About 7:30 PM I got a text from his wife Jewel. Here it is:

Hey, Larry, this is Jewel. I had Bills phone during his surgery but am taking it to a friend who can go in and out of the hospital ( she is a doctor) so he will be able to text, call, tweet, etc. In an ironic turn of events, the planner/worrier/social distancing king had a burst appendix and will have to be on IV antibiotics until at least Thursday. What a scary time for all of us.

A BURST appendix!:eek: I can only imagine that Bill wanted to avoid the hospital so much that he bore that pain for two days. Poor guy..now he’s exactly where he didn’t want to be. What a tumultuous year for Bill. Less for the rest of us, I hope. This, for your info.

Attachments

• D607CCE4-A56F-4327-B628-68D7DCB490EA.jpg
    D607CCE4-A56F-4327-B628-68D7DCB490EA.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 190
Sigh.

Dude, I just don't know what to do with you!

Greetings
Mr. m. Ya, that Mr. Dude is such a show-off...

200.webp

Hah! If he's on an I-phone type device he won't even see this.

Bill the best for a speedy recovery!

Should have known the Dark Side would get even with you for putting a sailing mast on a power boat, twice. :rofl:

Ted

Had a good friend go through the same 2 summers ago...

Good luck, my friends experience was bad...not horrible...thankfully.

Ouch! Hopefully he'll be back at home healing and waiting to get back to the boat.

Hope he gets through it ok. When we were bringing our boat home from Virginia my wife had severe pains in her stomach. She said she was fine but I put her in a taxi and sent her to urgent care. They sent her to the hospital and took out her appendix. The doctor said it was ready to burst but fortunately it hadn’t. She spent the night in the hospital and then the next day we resumed our trip home. She is pretty tough...

Bill - El Dudeo w/ Cars - Get well quick!!

Well, it’s good to hear that the Dude abides! Really glad you’re someplace where the hospitals aren’t overwhelmed.

Get well soon, Bill.

I had to have mine out a couple of years ago. It didn't pop, but was close. I can't say I enjoyed the experience, but It could have been a lot worse.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Senor Billdude!

Good you caught it, late but not too late. Get Well!

Get Well Dude!

Thanks for the news, Larry, about TF's favorite ace.

Please tell Bill & Jewel that we are all pulling for him to get discharged from the hospital soon, and safe and sound back at home.

From what I could find online, there have been only 3 cases of the C-virus detected in his hometown.

Cheers,
Mrs. Trombley & Hubby Dan

Larry, your post title is hilarious.

Thanks for all the well wishes! The procedure went fine, and I’ve slept so much better than I had over the last two days (although I’m up at 3am typing this for some reason). [emoji849]

We have been in self-isolation at our house for about two weeks, and one of big worries has been getting stuck in a hospital while the virus is raging, so that’s why I put off going to a hospital too long I guess. Stupid. My nurse said they do have some cases here but virus cases are on a different floor, and she does not go to that floor, but I still worry and so does she. She said eventually they will get slammed like other cities and she said they don’t have enough PPE when that happens. Sigh.

Hopefully I can get out of here before it gets bad. I think they said Thursday because they want to watch to makes sure no infection. Sure don’t want to have to come BACK here in a week or so when the virus really spreads. My wife said she is going to isolate me in our bedroom when I get back in the off chance I get infected here. [emoji40]

Last edited:
RT, I am on an iPhone and can’t see your pics/gifs.

Last edited:
Bill: Maybe you have just one serious event a year and this it? Glad you’re on the mends. See you JAX at some point.

Greetings,
Mr. dude. That's what I figured (post #3). Might be for the best. Don't want to bust any stitches from laughing or rage. Get better.

No please RT, don’t make me laugh. The stitches can’t take it. ?

The lab lady just came in to draw blood, but first she sneezed and coughed all over her cart full of bottles. That was lovely.

? ☠️

Last edited:
Bill: Maybe you have just one serious event a year and this it? Glad you’re on the mends. See you JAX at some point.

Yeah that seems to be the case. Will be lookin for y’all in JAX when I get out of this current mess!

Greetings,
Mr. dude. No laughing. Yup, that's what I figured. Either stick with the I-phone or put me back on your ignore list, at least for a while...

Greetings,
Mr. dude. No laughing. Yup, that's what I figured. Either stick with the I-phone or put me back on your ignore list, at least for a while...

So what have you got against iPad users, RT? I can’t see many of your attachments either. Self-censorship isn’t something I associate with you. And most of us don’t have stitches to worry about. :socool:

Greetings,
Mr. 99. I have Absotively Posilutely nothing against Apple product users. THAT is an issue you will have to take up with Jobs, Wozniak and company although you may have to conduct a seance for Jobs.
The ONLY thing I can think of, computer Luddite that I am, is something is amiss in the PFM box or the Apple core DOS, DIS, DAT or de other ting.

#ok9mij8nuh7byg6vtf5crd4xes3zwa2q1 #`1qazxsw23edcvfr45tgbnhy67ujm ???

Last edited:
Bad news. You are going to have to lay off the crunches for a while.

Get better soon. I've gotten rid of most of my extraneous body parts as well.

Here's to a speedy recovery, Cardude. I would imagine this is a time when one would be a "model" patient, doing exactly what the docs suggest, obeying orders more than ever to make sure you get out of the hospital as fast as possible. Besides, the lab lady you described would be further incentive to get out as soon as possible. Rest well and carry on!

They will usher out out of the hospital faster than normal because if you dont have the virus when you check in they dont want you to hang around those who do have it.
Soon it might be curb side surgery so when go to the hospital, bring a couple of clean sheets to protect the back seat. SMILE

Here's to a speedy recovery, Cardude. I would imagine this is a time when one would be a "model" patient, doing exactly what the docs suggest, obeying orders more than ever to make sure you get out of the hospital as fast as possible. Besides, the lab lady you described would be further incentive to get out as soon as possible. Rest well and carry on!

Oh I’m trying to be the model patient for sure. Doctors are having to track me down in the hallway I’m walking so much.

I want to get out of here ASAP.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom