TF Burgee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW, my YC has small, medium and large burgees to select from based on what looks good on your boat. :dance:

BTW, my YC has small, medium and large burgees to select from based on what looks good on your boat. :dance:

Now aren't YOU little Mr. Helpful!?? Different sizes. The plot thickens. I guess if there was an "approved" burgee logo then people could go online and order it on whatever size they wanted. Maybe.

Now aren't YOU little Mr. Helpful!?? Different sizes. The plot thickens. I guess if there was an "approved" burgee logo then people could go online and order it on whatever size they wanted. Maybe.

Since I started the “anchor” concept (see post #179) I guess I am a little Mr. helpful. Hey, it’s what I do. :angel:

Agreed, agreed, agreed. On the length, I looked at different combos. My thought was it should be a minimum of 12" high. When I looked at 18" length swallowtail it looked, to me, short and stubby. 12" x 24" looks "correct". On a rectangle flag the 12" X 18" looks fine.
Here are 2 that I have.

tmp_1397-20181021_133934485363878282699525.jpg

tmp_1397-20181021_1337283688458045102493199.jpg

The AGLCA is 12" tall and the MTOA is 20" tall. Really think 12" height is fine for most of us.

The other purpose for posting these was to give a proportion of the size of letters and logo to the overall size. They seem large in the picture, but correctly sized when viewed from a distance on another boat or dock.

Ted

Since I started the “anchor” concept (see post #179) I guess I am a little Mr. helpful. Hey, it’s what I do. :angel:

Yes, you are MISTER Mr. Helpful. Love the anchor look you put up. It quickly took over. I did like the double sided anchor TF put up by Bacchus as well but not sure how to pull that off with the cut out etc. Above my pay grade as they say. Also props to Aquafarm for the white stripe idea.

So typical for TF to charge ahead without knowing the ramifications on something they deem important.

No wonder they have mechanical issues atthe worst possible times.

They? Does that mean you are not one of them?

(Says the sea kayaker in trawler clothing :D )

Last edited:
I read somewhere in the last few days that pennants and swallow tails tend to be more durable than the traditional rectangle shape. I'll be damned if I can find where I read it though.

That was part of the Burgee Shop design considerations I posted excerpts and linked it - includes: "a pennant or swallow tail may last longer than a rectangular flag."

Also from Burgee Shop - "If you need help in determining if your flag is a smart design, send us an e-mail at Herb@BurgeeShoppe.com and we will share our experience with you. This is a free service at the Burgee Shoppe."
I'm guessing they can give us a ball part price and suggestions / comments about borders, accent stripes etc as alternatives.

Attached is a good summary of Pros & Cons of the various manufacturing types. I was thinking screen printing which has a fairly high initial cost AFAIK. Looks like other digital printing schemes are involved that have some benefits vs appliques.

So here is a link w/ good info - including pricing
Looks like printed 12 x 18 would run roughly $35 with only qty 25 and the price drops to <$30 for 50+ qty

http://resources.xarisma.com/ad-sheets/xarisma-product-ad-sheets-msrp-custom-flags.pdf

Attachments

• COMPARING CUSTOM PROCESSES.pdf
    238.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
They? Does that mean you are not one of them?

(Says the sea kayaker in trawler clothing :D )

Want the answer before all the details have been covered?

Who here says buy the boat based on the paint job and no engine survey?

But heaven help you if YOU suggest it.... :)

I appreciate all the folks that are contributing ideas and thought to this.

Given the compromised performance data on this type of anchor for recreational trawler use, shouldn’t we be having a discussion on what type of anchor we want representing our organization?:hide:

Given the compromised performance data on this type of anchor for recreational trawler use, shouldn’t we be having a discussion on what type of anchor we want representing our organization?:hide:

For this exercise the ability of the anchor to display itself well in 2D and in a mirror image beats out any other performance criteria.

On the subject of placement, you guys decide where you want it as it makes no difference to me. No matter where mine is placed I am sure that it will drag itself around the burgee every night.

Why not a burgee with 10 different anchors on it?

I know, I know...which 10?

Greetings,
Mr, hh. I, for one, think a "compromised" anchor is exactly the best for TF given how most threads DRAG ON to destruction. But that's just me...

200.gif

Here are the burgees I fly now, but there's always room for one more.

Attachments

• IMG_0106.JPG
    IMG_0106.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 189
Here are the burgees I fly now, but there's always room for one more.

Holy Crap, ancora! You might as well be driving a sailboat with all that canvas hanging out there in the wind.

:D

attachment.php

None seem to match your paint scheme or the SF Golden Gate Bridge so...as far as I can tell you are still one short.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: Anyone know how much MTOA and AGLCA charge their members for their burgees?

Almost 300 posts and 15 pages later, have we decided on a few to vote on yet.....
Maybe another 300 posts is needed?

I need another cocktail

I bet the 300th post will nail it. No pressure...

So typical for TF to charge ahead without knowing the ramifications on something they deem important.

No wonder they have mechanical issues at the worst possible times.
All this backing and filling and circling and reversing and nudging and sideways moves is your idea of "charging ahead"??

Talk about planning paralysis!

Almost 300 posts and 15 pages later, have we decided on a few to vote on yet.....
Maybe another 300 posts is needed?

I need another cocktail
I bet the 300th post will nail it. No pressure...
All this backing and filling and circling and reversing and nudging and sideways moves is your idea of "charging ahead"??
Talk about planning paralysis!
So why don't you guys jump in and take the lead on a survey???
You pick the leading 2,3 or what ever you think is right and make a contribution...
Or are you just the type to sit on the sidelines and chirp about what others aren't doing... or doing to your satisfaction???
Lets see some leadership... Help move this forward

Could one of you artists try taking the burgee without the black outline and make the logo and border dark, with the background light? Might eliminate the need for black outlines.

If this is going to be printed versus sewn, I would strongly recommend wrapping the edge like the AGLCA burgee I posted. I flew an identical one (different color) for 9 months while doing the Great Loop. While the colors did fade somewhat in the sun, the perimeter never frayed.

Ted

Yes but it will require another post and we can't have that. Damn. This is another post. I'm screwed. Oh well.

I don't quite understand what you are saying to do. When you say "light" do you mean flip the colors? Make the field gold and the border and logo red? Like this example or something else?

Attachments

• Flipped.jpg
    Flipped.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 139
So why don't you guys jump in and take the lead on a survey???
You pick the leading 2,3 or what ever you think is right and make a contribution...
Or are you just the type to sit on the sidelines and chirp about what others aren't doing... or doing to your satisfaction???
Lets see some leadership... Help move this forward

I've voted already: Trawler Forum - View Single Post - TF Burgee

Back
Top Bottom