Tender advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JWA1967

Vessel Name
Restaurantour
Vessel Make
Mainship 395
Hello Forum,

My question is about advice on my 2010 Mainship 395. I recently purchased a Highfield tender 9' and 20hp outboard. My Mainship has an existing Weaver Davit system but I am unsure of the best mount for the outboard. It is just heavy enough for two of us to lift it aboard. I am looking at swivel mounts (expensive) and a lift system. I would really appreciate your thoughts and advice. Thank You.

Hello Forum,

My question is about advice on my 2010 Mainship 395. I recently purchased a Highfield tender 9' and 20hp outboard. My Mainship has an existing Weaver Davit system but I am unsure of the best mount for the outboard. It is just heavy enough for two of us to lift it aboard. I am looking at swivel mounts (expensive) and a lift system. I would really appreciate your thoughts and advice. Thank You.

Could you please send photos of where your Davit system is and how your engine is attached to the Highfield. Questions in my mind are:
Does this system rotate the tender up onto the swim step?
Could he use a swiveling motor mount and not have to remove the engine?
What is the mechanism for davit action?

Welcome aboard. On a previous boat we put a Seawise davit on to lift the dinghy up and stand vertically on the swim platform. It was awesome but spendy. I could launch the dinghy in 1 minute and recover it in about 2 minutes. Weaver has something somewhat similar but kind of a kludge. I didn’t want to be lifting the engine on and off, too heavy for bad backs.

A 20 hp outboard will weigh somewhere near 150 lbs. Forespar makes their Nova Lift with a maximum rating of 220 lbs.

I had a 9' RIB on a Weaver Davit system with a 10 hp motor on the lighter Forespar Motor Mate. Both worked very well.

David

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom