Old 07-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
How I Spent My Summer Vacation

The admiral and I got to the boat July 3rd and headed out to Mandeville for the California Delta Hilton Fireworks.* We rafted up with nine other boats from our marina area and had a great time on the hook for 3 days.* Lots of sideshows to watch with the silicone and testosterone crowd.* Also got to meet dswizzler (Mark) and his Admiral Cindy.*

After a few days of fun, we headed back to the marina to drop off the Admiral who needed a few days to address some issues at home.* This gave me a few days to catch up on projects I had lined up.

Install new 12V 22" HDTV (http://www.amazon.com/Haier-HL22XSL2.../dp/B002VYCJK2)

Before:

After:

Install holding tank monitor (http://www.ferriellosales.com)

Install fresh water tank monitor (http://www.ferriellosales.com)

Install Linksys Pro battery monitor (http://www.xantrex.com/power-product...y-monitor.aspx)* (Don't know how that dead spider got into my tach, but he's been there sinceI bought the boat.)

Replace sanitation hose to complete the new Jabsco Quiet-Flush head installation

Then on Thurs night, my best friend came to his marina to prep for his weekend trip to San Francisco.* On Friday after the jobs were done but the cleanup remained, we ended up heading about an hour and a half upriver to Stockton Village West Marina for some 'cheap' diesel in his 42 Jefferson ($3.48 per gallon).* It was a great day for a cruise...calm winds and flat water, returning around 1715.* I had made arrangements to meet Pineapple Girl and her husband, Matt at 1830 for dinner at my marina, so I needed to get back and clean up the boat for visitors.*
On my way out of Gene's marina, Delta Bay Club, I pass this couple who give a friendly "Hello" and smile.* Now I know that Pineapple Girl is berthed at the same marina and it hits me.* "Hey, wait a minute!" I think to myself.* Maybe...just maybe...so I give it a try.* "Are you Jennifer?"* "Yes, I am," comes the reply.* So I get the chance to meet Matt and Jennifer before our planned rendezvous that was scheduled in about an hour.* We met at Riverboat Marina for a $20 Ribeye Steak and Lobster Tail dinner.*

We had a great visit, then headed to each other's boats for little show-n-tell.* They have a spectacular looking 35 PT aft cabin that looks and feels MUCH bigger than 35 ft.*

The next afternoon, the Admiral returned and we headed out on the hook for a relaxing afternoon and dinner in Bedroom 3 on Potato Slough.* Before dark, we headed back to the marina and joined in with the party crowd gathering on the marina patio.

All in all, it made for a wonderful week on the water with plenty of variety seeing old friends, tackling boat projects, making new friends and enjoying time on the water with the Admiral.* Hope to get out there again in a couple of weeks to pick up where we left off.

FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 AM   #2

City: Bocas del Toro, Panama
Vessel Name: Delta Swizzler
Vessel Model: 1988 58' Vantare
RE: How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Wow, I want your summer, lots of boating, meeting new folks, actually finishing a number of projects and hitting some good places for dinner. Pleasure meeting you and Meg and we'll get over to riverboat soon to meet you for dinner. Right now we are busy packing up the house and getting ready to move aboard, hope to do that by the end of the month. Off dirt and finally onto the water. Continue to enjoy the summer you have a lot of warm weather left. Actually I find September and early October some of the best best boating in the delta.

Mark & Cindy
Dswizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
TF Site Team

Thanks, Mark. It was wonderful meeting you and Cindy, too. We look forward to dinner with you on the delta. Keep us all posted on the move aboard. It's something many, if not most, of us have considered. You're living the dream!!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:32 AM   #4
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse

Love all those projects and looks like fun all around! To my knowledge there is only one other TF member local to where our Monk is at and that is none other than Moonstruck who came by this winter to visit my "work in progress." Always fun to put a face with a name!
Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #5
Guru

Great vacation! Can't wait for mine in two weeks.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

City: Home Port: Buck's Harbor, Maine
Vessel Name: "Emily Anne"
Vessel Model: 2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)

Love it. Thanks. More of these type of posts please.
dwhatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #7
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Al, you've certainly got a great sense of timing...* I've got some "new-boat kinks" to work out and it is beginning to look like July*could pass by before getting deep into the Delta.

Got as far as the old Kaiser pipe works on the Napa River this last weekend, and startled some fishermen on a small anchored boat when I misjudged the current on a sharp curve of the river.* They had "hands up" but I missed them by a good eight yards.

Received the DVD yesterday*containing pictures of the Coot at the Suisun Bay*bridges.* Thanks!

At rest in the marina:

-- Edited by markpierce on Tuesday 12th of July 2011 07:07:30 PM
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
TF Site Team

Eight yards!!! Hell....you had 5 yards to spare. You blow boaters are all the same!

Bring the Coot up here and get a slip near the Delta Loop. I can help you tackle those "new boat kinks" (unless they are warranty issues). It'll be fun and we'll get you out on the delta for some dawdling!! I'm open the weekend of the 23rd and the 30th.

Pineapple Girl's up here, too.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6

Quote:
FlyWright wrote:
Eight yards!!! Hell....you had 5 yards to spare. You blow boaters are all the same!

Bring the Coot up here and get a slip near the Delta Loop. I can help you tackle those "new boat kinks" (unless they are warranty issues). It'll be fun and we'll get you out on the delta for some dawdling!! I'm open the weekend of the 23rd and the 30th.

Pineapple Girl's up here, too.
*I know, I know!

They are possibly all warranty issues.*

Hey!* Probably the 30th!
markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote