Surveyor...Kemah-Seabrook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwboater

Vessel Name
Salty
Vessel Make
American Tug 34
Greetings, looking for recommendations for a good marine surveyor in the Kemah-Seabrook, TX area? Also, a reputable diesel mechanic. The vessel is an American Tug with Cummins 5.9. The selling broker will surely have a list to choose from but always good to get a second opinion, especially for TF members!

Probably the best one I could recommend is Lou Stahlberg. He is about as good as they come.
LHS Marine Services, Marine Surveyor - About the Surveyor

Also Nick Maudlin. His partner is Roy Newberry who I would have recommended in the past. I can no longer recommend him. But Mr. Maudlin does a fine job I hear.
Maudlin Marine | Yacht Maintenance, Yacht Surveys, & Captain Services

Land and Sea is the Cummins dealer around here. I'll be honest, they do nothing invasive. I have used them when buying a boat. I have been the subject when selling a boat. Great guys. Very knowledgeable. But I don't think they do anything more than I could do...just a general look over the engines and their operation...and the obvious things like being properly propped...etc. If I were currently buying a boat with Cummins I would probably do it myself...but I am getting good at those engines.

Greetings, looking for recommendations for a good marine surveyor in the Kemah-Seabrook, TX area? Also, a reputable diesel mechanic. The vessel is an American Tug with Cummins 5.9. The selling broker will surely have a list to choose from but always good to get a second opinion, especially for TF members!

1) I never use a surveyor from a list provided by the seller or listing broker

2) I always choose a mechanic from a list of certified mechanics from the engine manufacturer. (Find a certified Cummins shop locally who has a good reputation).

I have used this guy a couple of times over the years
R.E.Summers
281 960-2500

I have used this guy a couple of times over the years
R.E.Summers
281 960-2500

He is no longer with us. Lou Stahlberg mentioned above is his step son I do believe.

I second the recommendations for Lou Stahlberg and Land and Sea. I've used and trust both.:thumb:

Thanks all for the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom