Sunset at Anchor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kevin:

Registered 50'
Actual length, tip of anchor to back of swimstep is 57'

Bill:
We're trying other locations, but feel pretty comfortable on the hook. That's why
we've outfitted the boat the way we have. If we anchor out, we just need a place to tie the dingy. Are there any places where you can pay a monthly fee for dingy space?

Yes, Marina de la Paz supports the anchorage pretty enthusiastically.
They have a very decent dinghy dock though it can get congested at times.
I don't know the reservation options at the dinghy dock. I have heard on the 8 AM cruiser net on the vhf of people asking for a ride to shore when leaving town for a bit and usually someone obliges. Join Club Cruceros for sure and listen to the morning net every chance you get. It is a fine cruiser community down there unlike anything I have experienced up here.

Last edited:
Yes, Marina de la Paz supports the anchorage pretty enthusiastically.
They have a very decent dinghy dock though it can get congested at times.
I don't know the reservation options at the dinghy dock. I have heard on the 8 AM cruiser net on the vhf of people asking for a ride to shore when leaving town for a bit and usually someone obliges. Join Club Cruceros for sure and listen to the morning net every chance you get. It is a fine cruiser community down there unlike anything I have experienced up here.

All good to know. Thanks Bill!

Lots of boats anchor, I am anchored out a couple of hundred yards from Kevin's marina. Dingy dock is 30P a day or 600P for the month, it is often crowded but you can time out early and late and it's not and get in. I pay daily since my (always) plan is to not be in the bay, even to the point of deliberately running out when I know the wind is going to come up and hide out in a beautiful anchorage with nice beaches.

There are divers who will be happy to scrub your hull even anchored out, and La Paz has the kinds of groceries Americans look for (except thick sliced bacon). I shopped a couple of prime ribeyes up today, and a bottle of Cuervo Silver for the occasional shot I enjoy mid afternoon.

Dingy dock price went up to 50P a day today, no idea what the monthly rate went up to. FYI

Back
Top Bottom