A sunrise is a gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou_tribal

Guru
Vessel Name
Bleuvet
Vessel Make
Custom Built
Warning - This thread as nothing to see with trawler!

This morning I was walking to the train station to go to the office (yes I know this is miserable) and was watching the sun rise on my way. It was pure beauty, a kind of rebirth feeling announcing a gift, something new to happen, one more opportunity to live another new day and this made me remember sunrise seen from water, nobody around, rising sun on the water horizon, kind of poetic.
While this has nothing to see with trawler, do you enjoy sunrise moment as much as I am?

L

Absolutely. Sunsets also.

One of my favorite photography topics is sunrises and sunsets, and we get some real beauties in our area. Here's my favorite sunrise photo...
DSCN2762.jpg

and sunset photo....
DSCN0263.jpg

They definitely are a gift to treasure.

One of my favorite times on the boat is being offshore, taking watch at 4:00am and watching the sun come up. That’s just about as good as it gets.

One of my favorite times on the boat is being offshore, taking watch at 4:00am and watching the sun come up. That’s just about as good as it gets.

May seems too simplistic but when I witness this I just feel grateful to get another one

L

I like to remind myself that it's Earth roll, not sun rise. There's a profound difference. We tend to be a pretty self absorbed species, so it's a good reminder that the Universe doesn't revolve around us.

I like to remind myself that it's Earth roll, not sun rise. There's a profound difference. We tend to be a pretty self absorbed species, so it's a good reminder that the Universe doesn't revolve around us.

Indeed but what’s a gift to see the earth roll and give us such a scene, moreover one more to witness. I look back often and think that many ones do not have the luck I have.

L

Sunrise on the boat. I live aboard and see this almost every morning :socool:

Attachments

• IMG_0846[1].jpg
    IMG_0846[1].jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 78
Hi, the same sun we have everywhere, cool! Enjoy sharing when it go up and rises every day, but fortunately sometimes only at the top of the clouds.:socool:

20171016_185349.jpg
Art in wall NT

20161228_095509.jpg

20160806_050415.jpg

20171016_185752.jpg
Sorry, a little salt crystals on the surface : )

NBs

Last edited:
Has anyone seen the Northern Lights (AB) from their boat?

Has anyone seen the Northern Lights (AB) from their boat?

Yes, only one times my boat (and every i see my genny :)). Northenligts is only green golours but very experiense, sea shadows light, very cool.

When I was young and in the army, we were in the Arctic Circle north of Lapland, where there were often northenligts, stunning when the big snow fields and fells reflected the flamboyant light. There faced the world's best hotel to see northenlights glass igloo hotel room.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/ar...ng-a-glass-igloo-to-watch-the-Northern-Lights

Welcome Finland:smitten:
NBs

Last edited:
Agree, a special thing to see, especially on a boat. The older I get, the more I appreciate them.

When I was in AK while in the USAF I had many opportunities to see the Northern Lights. The most stunning display was on a flight from Greenland back to AK on a C130. From high altitude, with no clouds and no dust in the air they are truly spectacular. Multi colored and very bright.

Ya gotta love the displays mama nature provides for our viewing pleasure.

Forest fires can intensify the gift;

Attachments

• Badger at Sunset.jpg
    Badger at Sunset.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 56
I haven't seen the Northern Lights from aboard a boat, but was mesmerised by them in the Yukon territory on a few cold February nights.

Here's one of my favourite sunset shots taken in a warmer climate by a friend as I rowed out to the boat.

Attachments

• rowing into sunset.jpg
    rowing into sunset.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 48
Had a nice gift yesterday morning.

Was watching the space station pass nearly overhead in Wrightsville Beach,NC while at anchor and had a soectacular meter streak right in front of it.

Sunset last night in Oceanside Harbor, California.

Attachments

• Sunset.jpg
    Sunset.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 43
Sunset from Sacramento River on Friday. I true gift indeed on a paid day off . He he.
Roll On!
IMG_1984.jpg

Agree, a special thing to see, especially on a boat. The older I get, the more I appreciate them.

Northern Lights

When I worked in a logging camp in High Level, Alberta (Woods Buffalo National Park), I saw the norther lights and was very impressed. The colors were vivid and moving. The locals were not impressed.

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread, but I think it belongs here, too.
tumblr_p01kl0LzCc1uiz9ipo1_1280.jpg

This is a little ways north of the San Mateo Bridge, heading south on Sunday morning.

Nice, if I shoot a sunrise now it will be over a white and icy plain :)

L

Back
Top Bottom