Strange lights over Exhumas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Georgetown had a couple of blackhawks working the area. One chased my wife around normans as she ran the dingy.

I doubt there is anything tethered around the Exumas, especially Staniel. Just too many small planes around, including seaplanes delivering passengers to big charter yachts anchored all over the place.
There used to be one in Georgetown, because I worked there for a while.

Being from the west coast and not too entirely familiar with that area, isn't that in the neighborhood of the "Bermuda Triangle"???

Being from the west coast and not too entirely familiar with that area, isn't that in the neighborhood of the "Bermuda Triangle"???

Yep, Exuma and Long are within it's southern leg

Time to close Thread

I want to state, being in the Exhumas has been wonderful, being in such open wild spaces is so inspiring.seeing sunset and night sky is part of it Seeing a really dark sky makes the stars pop, and with our handy binoculars seeing the moon and stars. SO is saw a star. Thats all I saw, RT Firefly , WarfDog, and Psneeld and made good contributions as others did. WarfDog link answers everthing. https://astrobob.areavoices.com/2011/09/04/why-stars-twinkle-and-sputter-in-color/ Time to close Thread. Lets talk about Trawler stuff, Steve

Heading Home

We just left Chub Cay, heading to Gun Cay, coming home, been on boat since Dec. Great travels but still have to a few more miles to make it back to Tennessee. We left now because calm seas for 2 days, Have friends (5 boats) that just left Nassau at 5am tryin to make Bimini tonite, they run faster than me. Good luck with the rest of your trip. Steve

Good sailing.
We are going to watch the first day of the Regattas today then use that good weather to go across to Cat tomorrow. A few days there than across to Eleuthera. A week or so there then back to Florida via Abaco.
Then the boat needs a damn good cleaning!

Good sailing.
We are going to watch the first day of the Regattas today then use that good weather to go across to Cat tomorrow. A few days there than across to Eleuthera. A week or so there then back to Florida via Abaco.
Then the boat needs a damn good cleaning!

In our opinion, there is not a better time to be had in the Bahamas, than the Georgetown Family Regatta. I really wish we were there for it this year.

The Completely authentic Bahamas immersive experience! :)

Gee, maybe GPS satellite. When they turn, you get the different colors. Or maybe change to a better single malt Scotch. ;-)

If u want to see brite space lights, check out the ISS and Iridium orbits. I saw the ISS once in broad daylight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom