Stinkpots??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do you have your shore power configured for this? We have two 30 amp shore plugs that run through a blue seas selector switch that only connects the AC panels to shore or the generator, never both at the same time.

When we installed and wired the generator, I wanted to run a ground to the generator and someone on this board suggested running the generator to outlet plug(s) and simply connecting the shore power inlets to it (or them) in the cockpit when needed. This would have been straightforward and cheap but would have been a hassle in my opinion and exposed active electrical connections to a potentially wet cockpit so we never seriously considered it, but it certainly could work.

Just curious about your setup.

I ran a new circuit from the main breaker panel (10 gauge marine wire 20 amp breaker) to inside the transom (hollow with weather proof door). The circuit first goes through a 20 amp 120 volt GFI outlet. Down stream (protected by the GFI) is a standard marine 30 amp 120 volt twist lock female outlet.

Ted

I ran a new circuit from the main breaker panel (10 gauge marine wire 20 amp breaker) to inside the transom (hollow with weather proof door). The circuit first goes through a 20 amp 120 volt GFI outlet. Down stream (protected by the GFI) is a standard marine 30 amp 120 volt twist lock female outlet.

Ted

Makes sense, thanks

Most of the better gas noisemakers are not noisy , but sitting on a deck their noise is amplified .

Solution, hang it off the oxygen tent hardware or a davit

Back
Top Bottom