Steps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
Any suggestions on how to get onsafely s 43 ft president . Right now there is s ladder on the side and very difficult to climb up . Thanks for suggestions

We have a 41’ President. We also have a ladder that clips onto the sides to board from low docks. There are steps sold that will make it easier to board but they are pricey.

For your home port, I'd build some custom steps out of plywood with railing on one side and paint white. While traveling you could use your existing stairs or one of the light weight molded plastic step stools available from $30 and up.

I have these on the boat. Use when needed based on the docking situation.

They work well, stable. Easy to store when not in use.

I agree about the comment about your home slip. If you need steps where you keep the boat on a permanent basis - probably would want more than these. But for cruising to new destinations, these work well for us.

https://www.google.com/search?q=folding+plastic+boarding+steps&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=qNJDztJwwwD7bM%253A%252CEn3_Gsi8KsUOHM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSGMDyEFGdZGhwI242zI5l5XyBwjA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiivIHC3ubiAhUECKwKHR5WCsMQ9QEwBnoECAkQEA#imgrc=qNJDztJwwwD7bM:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom