Status of Blue Goose Charters near Baltimore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KenF

Veteran Member
Does anyone know the status of the Blue Goose Charter operation on the Chesepeake? I have seen their ads in Passagemaker for years and they do have an active website and phone number but I can't get any response from them about booking a charter. There have not been recent updates to their site which makes me think they may have ceased operations.

Ken

How long have you been trying?

I don't update my website but a few times a year (shame on me, right?), and if they've already scaled back for the fall, going into the winter soon, maybe they don't have a sitting office staff to answer the phone/email and the owner is out on a charter class.

I started last Saturday with an email followed by 2 phone calls. The good news is that their answering machine picked up and I was able to leave a message. If you look at their website their last headline was "We aren't changing our prices for the 2012 season" ... a bit odd.

Unfortunately, Mother Goose died in April and I do not think they have gotten their act together to offer charters. Hope this helps.

Stand by, Ken, Alexis is trying to catch up...

-Chris

Thank you both.

I thought I saw something about his passing but it was fleeting and I didn't pay attention then couldn't find the item as I thought that might be why I wasn't getting response. Since I couldn't find anything about it on google I assumed I had been mistaken but apparently not.

I'll be patient.

Ken

We are about to book our flights for Baltimore in October and see that there still has been no change to the website. Are there any updates that anyone knows of?

I think if you've not been able to get through by phone, you should probably assume it's all over. Last I heard from Alexis (several months ago, though), she was working to wind up her interest in the venture. Don't know if that implies someone else might step up...

-Chris

The phone number and website area still active and I left another voice message for you last night. I haven't checked to see if the boats were listed for sale which would be a good indicator. I have seen a couple of other trawler charter options on the Chesapeake including an Albin 36 and a GB 42.

Ken, sorry I can't help, but please let us (me) know what you find for charters in MD. I'm also interested in doing something like that during one of my many trips up there. I've been to the Blue Goose website before and always thought their prices were very reasonable, though the boats seemed a bit "dated." it's a shame if they aren't in business anymore.

The Blue Goose rates were excellent and the boats are "old school" which is sort of the point with trawlers. Those 2 I mentioned are individual boats that are not part of a charter fleet. There is a fleet of large power yachts at C&C and they claim they have trawlers but I just saw motor yachts.

The three charter boats are on the same pier as I am in the Ancorage Marina in Baltimore and are still shrink wrapped.

Blue Goose charter boats

Hi
Recently ,August 2016, Brandi Goose (Albin 27) was seen towing Bonnie Goose in Warehouse Creek of South River (just south of Annapolis) .(spotted by Fred hunt)
All the boats had 'goose' in their names.
So I guess there is some activity even if it may only be private usage.
The ownership at Anchorage marina Balt . Should know the current situation.
Bill Sherman was on the board there for years.
The blue goose website is down which is not a good sign.
Is anybody docked at Anchorage that could enlighten us all? Or talk to anchorage?
Warren

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 92
According to the new owner, a non-profit near Annapolis, they were be taken there for repair. There were two that I saw with the engine running at the Ancorage and I saw the remaining being towed by the Albin. I would venture to say that all are rather unseaworthy.

The blue goose website is down which is not a good sign.

Alexis told me, a few years ago now, that they were winding up after Mother Goose passed.

I haven't seen her (at her other work) for probably a year and a half or more, so haven't heard anything newer than that.

If the Goose fleet is moving around, I'd assume new ownership, as was suggested.

-Chris

All I can add is that the owner, Bill Shermer, passed away a couple of years ago. The boats were all lying unused at my home marina since his passing. They were all moved out this summer.

Thanks for updates

Thanks all for updates.
Like all good things enjoy while you can!
Warren

Sounds like they've been acquired by the non-profit as a charitable donation from the estate. Presumably the non-profit will put them on the market when repaired or perhaps use them in a boating training program. As far as trawler charters on the Chesapeake, I came across a few others online including an Albin 36, GB42, Monk 36, Heritage 36 and I'm sure there are others.

I came across a few others online including an Albin 36, GB42, Monk 36, Heritage 36 and I'm sure there are others.

Can you provide me with some info on those first three?

My wife and I were going to charter that Heritage 36 this fall, but some unexpected doctor bills and a few other things put the kibosh on those plans. :(

Jeff at trawlertime.com charters his Monk 36 in the Chesapeake Bay during the summer months.

Back
Top Bottom