Splashed the boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Must have been ten years ago.

Felt real bad about that guy on the aft deck! Hope he wasn't hurt!

I've seen enough videos of accidents while lifting and lowering boats that I will never be on a boat as it is being raised or lowered.

Of course, I'll also never be in a boat yard where they would allow it either.

I've seen enough videos of accidents while lifting and lowering boats that I will never be on a boat as it is being raised or lowered.

Of course, I'll also never be in a boat yard where they would allow it either.

Think height has a lot to do with it. The boat yard I normally use has a height difference from water surface to ground level of 3'. Have also been on a couple of travel lifts where the only way to get off the boat was to wait till they raised the boat deck to the deck level of the piers the travel lift moved on. I tend to watch a yard haul other boats before they touch mine. If I don't like what I see, they're not hauling mine whether I'm on it or not.

Ted

<<
Have you *got* to be so dramatic?

:cool:

Guess I’m the “you”. Never thought of myself as dramatic.

Just saw this on FB and thought some here would like a bit of drama. Many here do judging from posts of the past

It's enough to make your pooter pucker!

This was at the yard that put Beachcomber back together after being shipped across the country.

P7150018.jpg

I was involved in a Sydney case where a strap broke,dropping a steel boat onto a hard surface, owner onboard. Not good for man or boat. The straps had been repaired by someone other than the mfr, big :nonono:.

Back
Top Bottom