Southeast US talk by Richard of Dauntless of Journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rogerh

Guru
Vessel Name
At Last
Vessel Make
1990 Jefferson 52 Marquessa
HI everyone,
I have been in discussion with Richard about doing a talk/seminar on their journey across the Atlantic. He enjoys giving the talks and judging by the following he had of his trip I think many of us would like to hear it. Even if you do not intend to do any major crossing, it could be a big help in expanding horizons, crossing the gulf, crossing the gulf stream, doing the southern Caribbean, and so on.. you could benefit from the talk.

He has time this winter so I have discussed with him hosting the talk out of our local Fort Walton Yacht Club or at one of the hotel/condos. I could make arrangements for several hotel/condo discounts for TF guest. The yacht club has transient slips for the ones that are nearby that would like to make a trip out of it. Julie might not be able to do it because of her work schedule.

I offered to do this because Richard had a willingness for it and I felt there were many that would like it. We are in the Florida Panhandle near Destin. If anyone else would prefer to hosting this we are very open on location but I felt our location was somewhat central to the southeast boating area.

It would only be fair that their expenses be covered. Therefore I am asking you to respond to give me an idea if this is something you would like to make an effort to come to. The only charge would be a split Richard's hotel and flight and the meeting room charges. No dates have been picked because we wanted to see what the interest would be.

Let us know.
Thanks
Roger

Thanks Drake, I believe January is one of the months that he may be looking at. When we get more replies we can narrow down on a date.

Interested at any time this winter if there are enough participants to make it a good group and lower the cost.

Agree. Hope to have a good group and try to have several presentations and events. All depends if we have the interest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom