Southeast Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Richard and Al, I plan to be up there with a couple of friends. Spending most of the time between Hoonah, Gustavus, and Juneau. Hope to run into you both on the way as well as anyone else. If there is time, may visit Sitka for a couple of days. Leaving early June and returning 1st week in August.

Richard and Al, I plan to be up there with a couple of friends. Spending most of the time between Hoonah, Gustavus, and Juneau. Hope to run into you both on the way as well as anyone else. If there is time, may visit Sitka for a couple of days. Leaving early June and returning 1st week in August.

Will keep an eagle eye open!!:flowers::thumb:

Hi Perry!

Been home only a week, and am already looking forward to next year. Hope to see you up there. Dream Catcher is in Poulsbo for the winter.

Seeadler planning to leave by June 1 for Whittier and Prince William Sound. Need to be in Anchorage for a wedding on July 9. Hope to be home by October1.

Akprof,
Traditionally the commercial fishing fleet left right about the 15th of April. Almost guaranteed some nasty weather but won’t amount to many days layover. If I had a big agenda up north I’d leave April 15 or so.

HaHa but the last two times we left for Alaska we left on the 5th of July. Had other stuff on our plate.

Forgot to ask, with you destination given, where are you going to launch? Prince Rupert, or taking the ferry to Juneau (Hoonah)?
Asked as you will by pass me if these are you options over Prince Rupert.
Thanks, Perry,
Al

Akprof,
Traditionally the commercial fishing fleet left right about the 15th of April. Almost guaranteed some nasty weather but won’t amount to many days layover. If I had a big agenda up north I’d leave April 15 or so.
Good advice, as given by Joe Upton, et al, but domestic obligations may interfere.

I have made the trip from Seattle to Ketchikan in a 35' motorsailor in May, (in addition to a dozen or more trips in light aircraft) so it is not a completely novel experience, but I'm going to savor the experience this time

Counterintuitively, March and April are the driest months in Southeast, although that may not be true with the developing weather year.

I will get underway as early as I can get my excreta assembled, but experience suggests that will exceed the optimal schedule.

'prof

It's a better 4th in Wrangell. The fireworks are the best in the state.

Tom
You know why? Back about 1993 the fire department " who puts on the show" had a disaster and practically burned down the dock when the whole program went off at once. So the fire department " very embarrassed by the accident, went to school to learn how to do it right, and your right it is a hell of a show. One of the best I've seen.

Forgot to ask, with you destination given, where are you going to launch? Prince Rupert, or taking the ferry to Juneau (Hoonah)?
Asked as you will by pass me if these are you options over Prince Rupert.
Thanks, Perry,
Al

AL, will be launching out of Prince Rupert. Ferry fees just too much. Would some day like to take the ferry to Hoonah and leave boat there but wifey loves to go to more destinations than SE Alaska. I do the majority of the maintenance work during the fall and winter so it all works out.

AL, will be launching out of Prince Rupert. Ferry fees just too much. Would some day like to take the ferry to Hoonah and leave boat there but wifey loves to go to more destinations than SE Alaska. I do the majority of the maintenance work during the fall and winter so it all works out.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom