Soon to be new Jefferson owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Cobber

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
White Rose
Vessel Make
1988 Jefferson 42 Sundeck
Colleagues, after many months, many trips for showings, and lots of great advice and assistance from members here the Admiral and I have inked a deal on a 1988 Jefferson 42. Survey and sea trial will be scheduled in the coming weeks followed by the homecoming trip from Tennessee to Florida. Thanks to all for your encouragement and assistance!

Congratulations! We love our 52 Jefferson Marquessa.

....... the Admiral and I have inked a deal on a 1988 Jefferson 42..
There's one parked in my marina and I admire it every time I walk by.

Congrats. I like Jeffersons. My only beef is they seem to have enclosed the entire boat. Not enough "open outdoor space" except on the bow. The "sundeck" is more of a living room. Perfect for some climates, but I like to be outdoors in the air :)

Last edited:
Alright! Congrats we do require pics......

I think it's the one on Yachtworld 88 Jeff 42.

Man, that is a tank! (Large and full-featured, I mean) You could think your in a house.

I like the dinghy crane. It shows 10kts cruising, but I would think the big Cats would push it faster.

Of the Taiwanese makes, I think the Jeffersons seem to be a bit more "consistently" put together. You don't have the variations of models like you do the Marine Traders. Anyway, just an observation.
One of the things I really like about the 42(and maybe bigger) is the way the galley down is laid out. Instead of doing it laterally like everyone else, they do it longitudinally...which seems to make the whole galley/dinette space a bigger and more usable. That space down there just seems to flow better....

Congratulations!!!!!!

Cummins????....Cats???.....Perkins???.....

Congrats. I like Jeffersons. My only beef is they seem to have enclosed the entire boat. Not enough "open outdoor space" except on the bow. The "sundeck" is more of a living room. Perfect for some climates, but I like to be outdoors in the air :)

You might be confusing the models....the 42 is very similar to your average sundeck trawler as far as how the exterior space is arranged.

Jeffersons are the same as Hershine aren't they?

Photos coming soon! Sea trial and survey scheduled for next week. We thought carefully about responses we received concerning Cat 3208 verses Cummins engines. After viewing several J42's with both, the additional maintenance space in the engine room convinced us to look for models with Cummins engines. We looked at about a dozen Jeffersons, from Vancouver to Newfoundland, Florida to Tennessee/Mississippi, and are very happy with our final selection. More details and photos coming after survey.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom