Some peoples boats!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are livable, they aren't derelict, yet. Ugly is one thing, but unless they are being illegally operated, a risk to navigation or the environment, or unsafe for the occupants, then it is just another ugly boat on the water that is none of my business.

Derelict and abandoned boats are a real problem in Puget Sound and it is costing the rest of money every time we renew our registration.

When you see a run down boat anchored in the same place for weeks or months at a time with people living on it, you can bet that it's not being visited by a pumpout boat every week or two and you can bet the occupants aren't carting their human waste to a disposal site. They are peeing and pooping in the water or dumping it at night. That's illegal.

"Part of the solution"? The gap between the "haves and the haves and have nots" is caused by lack of effort and lack of education. If you want to be a "have", you will work hard in school, study something that is in demand like engineering, medicine, etc. and then go out and find a job where you can work hard and advance your position. Or start a business. Trades pay well. Become an electrician or plumber. That's the "solution".

We have plenty of people complaining because they can't have a nice home or car by working at a fast food restaurant. In life, you get what you are worth.

You say: " In life, you get what you are worth. "

A premise...

Here is you, RT [hope you don't mind RT, I feel you are open minded enough to come along for this ride - lol], me, an immigrant laborer, a waitress, the Pope and any one of the recent POTUS.

All of us are sitting on sand at the beach with nothing, not even another person within 20 miles. There are no roads out just basic landscape we each must traverse to reach civilization. All of us have only underpants and a T-shirt on. All forms of ownership of anything - position titles, land and money included, has evaporated. In order to keep living and moving forward for our lives we all must walk onward.

So tell me sir... which of us is "worth" more? You? The Pope? Ex POTUS? The waitress? Me? The laborer? RT?

I hope you can see - Once you remove the weighty false premise of financial and/or material wealth then it becomes obvious that we, as individual humans, are each equal in our worth.

Sure hope you don't feel too worthy compared to others... because that simply is not true. ;)

When you see a run down boat anchored in the same place for weeks or months at a time with people living on it, you can bet that it's not being visited by a pumpout boat every week or two and you can bet the occupants aren't carting their human waste to a disposal site. They are peeing and pooping in the water or dumping it at night. That's illegal.

Yeah! And here in Massachusetts we have an estimated 50-70,000 + seals around Cape Cod that each are believed to eat upwards to 20# of fish a day. And those occupants who devour our fish without a license are a protected species and poop in our waters legally.

Funny, I always was taught honor, truth, integrity, compassion, helpfulness, etc were the jewels in life....not everyone has them...whether rich or poor...

Add all the wealth, or strip it all away.....the 2 guys standing next to one another in their uncerwear could be different as night and day...one a true blue hero and the other nothing more than a POS.

And it is evident every day, in all walks of life and sometimes even right under our noses.

Those factory jobs are coming back to the USA. :)

Some may come back. No matter ones politics the ugly truth is the past is the past and the world has changed. Apparently a lot of hurting people have been left behind. I don't think turning the clock back will solve the problem. I don't think capitalism with all its good aspects is capable of solving the problem. People and governments will have to find ways to deal with our evolving world situation. I don't think what we in the USA have now is anywhere near the answer. Scientists and intellectuals have helped get us into this fix and may be the only people who can get us out. Politicians think very short term how to get re-elected gain more personal power and $ and none of that will work on population overgrowth-technological growth causing job displacement or new competition from previously underdeveloped regions. We are no longer in a world where building a mythical 60 foot fence of isolation around the whole nation and dialing back the clock will work. Unless the American people can find a way to reunite and rediscover what made us one people and great in the past I fear that Rome is falling. We no longer debate our differences and come to the best compromise instead we try to force feed our beliefs and policy on others. That kind of divided house will not stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom