Solar Battery maintainer recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vicki Z

Hello all,

Since I have lost my inside winter storage this year and the boat will be stored outside and shrink wrapped for the first time in years; I am looking for a recommendation on a solar panel battery maintainer. Not looking to do any real charging since nothing will be active. Just looking to maintain the batteries since access to a permanent shore power plug is limited and sure to be run over or cut, with dare I say, a snow plow or other cold weather toys. Boat has a pair of flooded group 31's and a pair of group 24's though a diode isolator. I know I could make something up, but figured someone has already done this?

Thanks Everyone. Very jealous reading of all the people on their "southern" migrations.

Steve

A 100 watt panel mounted under the shrink wrap and a cheap 10 amp PWM controller connected to the house batteries should work fine.

David

Whatever you purchase be sure its very easy to adjust.

With only the batts aging all winter a lower charge voltage will require less watering.

In the summer you will probably be attempting to get from 85% full to100% full to fully charge the batt set.

Back
Top Bottom