Sky Sail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Apache II
Vessel Make
1974 Donald Jones
An interesting idea but the cost is to high

Attachments

• 130523 JB SkySails Yacht LITE.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 183
Sorry I am not real sharp on the computer I don't know if this works or not Vewing the file that is.

It seems to take a while to pop up.

Sd

An interesting idea but the cost is to high

You found a way to attach a pdf file! Seahorse II has been trying to do this for ages.

SD, you have missed the overwhelming threads on solar boating and the like. This should get that pot stirring soon. Thanks :nonono:

I exchanged a couple of email with them about cost. 150,000.00 euros.

If a fellow could come up with kite a little more hands on. I think something like this would be viable.
People say fuel cost is the least expense owning a boat but a penny saved.
How about just a large version like the kite surfers use.
I always figured I would run an engine till fuel got to expensive. Then I would go sail.
The best of both worlds?

SD

Interesting concept but the price is quite steep:eek:

And the crane/boom thing is but ugly so if i were ever to buy such a system they would have to make the system hidden below deck.

I exchanged a couple of email with them about cost. 150,000.00 euros.

If a fellow could come up with kite a little more hands on. I think something like this would be viable.
People say fuel cost is the least expense owning a boat but a penny saved.
How about just a large version like the kite surfers use.
I always figured I would run an engine till fuel got to expensive. Then I would go sail.
The best of both worlds?

SD

You can buy a lot of diesel fuel for 150,000 euros!

But it's green

Kit boarding is very popular in Everett. Two of my son’s kite board and I have played with them. In 15+ mph winds it can lift me off the ground, and you can control/turn the kit with the two side strings. A kite could be lunched from the deck of a boat and use the windless to let out and retrieve. They cost a couple hundred bucks, and on a warm summer day up to 50+ boarders.

If you were making long legs/runs it might be benfitial. You could probable have a bigger kite made, or combine two kites.

But it's green

:lol:

I fly Para kites off the grass. they are not as easy to just send off a mast and catch wind. They have to be controlled. I'd imagine that most of the cost is it's hands off controlling system.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom