Single or twins???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rather intrigued by you guys and your recent debate re the respective merits of tri-cabin v's sedan. Especially the fact that once you both agreed to disagree, Marin admitted that if he was buying again, and a bit bigger, he would go Europa, as that's just the modern name for sedan. When I was looking.... and CHB 34s (called Clippers here is Aus), were those in my price range now 9 yrs ago, I envisaged taking friends out over-nighting quite often and favoured the aft or tri-cabin version, however, my 1st Mate insisted she wanted a walk out cockpit (ie sedan), version, no argument. That was a pity in one way, because back in the days of manufacture of the age of vessel I could afford, most here, and I suspect there, were tri-cabins, so it took a while. To my knowledge, and I looked long and hard, there are/were only 3 sedans of the circa 75 - 80 CHB 34 in our country, but eventually I got one, and she was right you know.
To illustrate Marin's point re weather. This Xmas/New year, we were out the whole week and it rained most of the time, and it didn't bother us one iota - now that I have extended the canopy to cover side decks and cockpit like the new models with extended hard-tops.
Incidentally Baker, I agree - if money was ever not the issue, the GB 42 Europa is to die for - well, not literally of course, or you couldn't enjoy it........
By the way, you should Google the Clipper 40/42 - quite a bit cheaper than the GB, but lovely boat - very affordable in US dollars.

Peter B

I'll take a look Peter. But I do agree, the sedans are the "bastards" of the bunch simply because they compromise space....and space is what they are selling. SO there just aren't as many sedans out there. And then try finding one without teak!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!

Back
Top Bottom