Old 10-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #1
Guru

City: NEW PORT RICHEY
Vessel Name: M/V Intrigue
Vessel Model: 1985 Tung Hwa Senator
Dual Racor 900 installation

A continuation from the other thread regarding the Racor dual 900 set up going on the 1985 Tung Hwa Senator 31 with single 6.354.4 Perkins. The perkins is a fresh complete overhaul with around 50 hours on it. Here is the final installation. All the new lines are Copper nickel and flared to 45 degree flares. I still need to put some adel clamps on the lines. I eliminated several flexible lines and barb/worm clamp connections as a bonus. The black component with the wires is a Facet 7 PSI 40GPH pump that does flow through when off. But its connected to the key switch. The bottom right yellow valve is to the generator. The blue cap will eventually have a digital vacuum gauge that can be read from the helm. I know some will tell me I lack the heat shields. I probably wont install them unless my insurance requires another survey and they hit on this point or I go to sell the boat. I also added the sound proofing/radiant shield to the bulkhead. The old single 500 Racor had 30 micron filter. This much larger 900 will get a 10 micron.

Barking Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:29 PM   #2

City: Cairns
Looks quite nice.
Which line is the main feed to the Perkins?
I assume you are drawing from two switchable tanks?? How have you handled fuel return? Can you use fuel return to transfer fuel between tanks?

Cheers
GoneDiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 05:12 PM   #3
Guru

City: NEW PORT RICHEY
Vessel Name: M/V Intrigue
Vessel Model: 1985 Tung Hwa Senator
The bottom right dark line is the main engine feed. The one headed down with the shut off handle is generator. The returns are original and done fairly well. They return to both tanks and there is a shutoff for each tank return. I could balance fuel that way if needed. The other way to balance is obviously selecting from one tank or the other. I can add another line after the fuel pump direct back to the common return manifold and add a few valves for polishing. I will likely do that as well..
Barking Sands is offline   Reply With Quote