Selene opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
Ocean Alexander 38'
A boating friend is looking at a used*36 Selene.* He's getting serious and asked my opinion of the boat.* I have been on a few and they appear to be well layed out and have all the bells and whistles.* Has anyone here taken a deeper look at one and what would your opinion be?* My concern is that since they are a newer brand, will they stand up over time?

I have chartered a Selene 36 in the PNW. Lots of room in the owners cabin and a very nice flybridge. Boat handling was good but it was slow to respond to helm. Quality good but no better than a GB or Defever.* A note in the log said it did not do well in a following sea - but this was written by a sailor.

I like the boat but*feel they are very much overpriced. Almost 2Xs the price*of a Monk 36 comparing year to year. The 40 Selene is a bit bigger and should be considered. I purchased a Defever 48 (2003 model) for less $$ than a 2005 40' Selene and would do the same again. I like the Selene 43 very much - much better than the 36/40. All Selenes have a good resale value.

One of my favorite vessels is the 59 Selene. I'd take it over a similar sized Nordhavn and at 2/3 the cost to boot!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom