Seeking recommendations for service, Blaine-Bellingham area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sabre602

Vessel Name
Kingfisher
Vessel Make
37' converted gillnetter/crabber
The Admiral and I just returned from a wonderful week in the islands, capped off by the big hullabaloo party at Squalicum Harbor in B'ham for the 4th before returning to Blaine this afternoon. We had a great time.

My sensitive ears, however, are picking up new sounds...intermittent thump-like vibrations and a whining that I didn't hear before. The old Kingfisher is a retired fishing boat with a mile-long prop shaft hidden in her keel (the Lehman 120 lives under the pilot house). While I do almost all maintenance myself, I want expert consultation on her drive system, from the transmission to the prop.

I'd like your suggestions for local professional expertise. I liked the guys at Walsh (formerly Westman) in Blaine, but they haven't really done any work on Kingfisher. They're right here, of course....

I'm a working stiff so cost has to be, unfortunately, a consideration...but expertise trumps all. I have to be able to trust this old girl and I don't want to damage her with my inexperience.

Whatcha got? Thanks in advance!

The Admiral and I just returned from a wonderful week in the islands, capped off by the big hullabaloo party at Squalicum Harbor in B'ham for the 4th before returning to Blaine this afternoon. We had a great time.

My sensitive ears, however, are picking up new sounds...intermittent thump-like vibrations and a whining that I didn't hear before. The old Kingfisher is a retired fishing boat with a mile-long prop shaft hidden in her keel (the Lehman 120 lives under the pilot house). While I do almost all maintenance myself, I want expert consultation on her drive system, from the transmission to the prop.

I'd like your suggestions for local professional expertise. I liked the guys at Walsh (formerly Westman) in Blaine, but they haven't really done any work on Kingfisher. They're right here, of course....

I'm a working stiff so cost has to be, unfortunately, a consideration...but expertise trumps all. I have to be able to trust this old girl and I don't want to damage her with my inexperience.

Whatcha got? Thanks in advance!

Seaview in Bellingham is very good on shaft alignment and drive gear. Tri County Diesel, across the street is also good. I have used both extensively.

Seaview in Bellingham is very good on shaft alignment and drive gear. Tri County Diesel, across the street is also good. I have used both extensively.

Thanks, Ken. I appreciate your help.

I've no suggestions on the shaft but I have to say I'm glad you guys had such a good time. :thumb:

Check with Walsh Marine, right there in Blaine, they may be able to help you out.

I've no suggestions on the shaft but I have to say I'm glad you guys had such a good time. :thumb:

Thanks! It was perfect weather at Sucia for Donna's first ever visit there. It was also a test cruise for our pup, Stella, a 9 month old rescue mutt, and she did wonderfully.

Check with Walsh Marine, right there in Blaine, they may be able to help you out.

Yeah, I figure I'll talk to them. They were great to deal with for a haulout last fall.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom