No harm in talking to the guy at Sirsi and sounding him out for any future work if he's sensible with his pricing.
Yes we have a permanent mooring in Narbonne in the South of France, it's strategic for us as we're happy to cruise the canal system but we like to get out to sea in the summer and either cruise down to Spain or over to Italy.
We decided to buy a s/h Broom 42 in Ireland for the extra space (don't mention ladies clothes & shoes) as we get older. As an ex Commodore of the Lough Erne Boat rally I've been invited as it's their 50th, after the hangover we'll get the Broom ready and sail her back via the South West coast of Ireland to Dunkirk.
The plan was to pay to keep the berth in Narbonne & sell the Birchwood but a change of Port Captain stopped that that plan dead and I had to take it off the market. Once we get the Broom back to Narbonne I'll put the Birchwood back on the market again.
If it's of interest to anyone I can start a thread and put up the photo's.