Security System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3dog

Veteran Member
I was looking for a way to use an old iPhone as a security system at the house and found an app called Manything. I am still a week into the testing phase but this is the first app that actually works and is inexpensive (if you forget about the cost of the phone and cellular data). I have 3 iPads and 2 iPhones connected to chargers and I placed them against the windows of my house at night while they are charging (some are on wifi and one uses cellular data). If there is any motion the app sends me an email and starts recording. I can also log into each device and see live video and hear sound. It also allows me to talk but there is a delay. You can set up a voice message that is triggered on motion (mine is "get off my boat"). The cool thing is that is free for 30 days and there is some limited usage for a single device after that. There are other paid options after or before 30 days. When I put it on my boat I am going to make sure it is out of sight so "they" don't break in to steal the iPhone. It works on Android but I am not testing that. I just don't see a downside to this yet as it can be a temporary solution or a permeant one for car, boat, home ..... You do have to shut off auto lock on the device or it will cut the feed off but the screen does dim. I takes video or stills and you can change the settings remotely. It looks like they have thought of everything.http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/images/trawler/smilies/sk/smitten.gif

Back
Top Bottom