Old 11-14-2020, 12:06 PM   #1

City: Carefree, AZ and Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Sea-N-Stars
Vessel Model: 1990 49' Albin
Seasmart -- anyone used this?

While researching switching our master head to fresh water flush, I ran onto this product. I had not seen it before. Has anyone tried this? It addresses the odor right at the source, so it seems to have promise. We have stayed in some places and have no issue at all with seawater flushing, and in other areas there are more smelly decomposing things in the water.
AZ2Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 04:16 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
If you go to fresh water flush you shouldn’t get the intake hose smell from dead creatures in the hose. We have fresh water flush and have no smells. Even when we were in salt water with fresh water flush we didn’t have smells. When we had sea water flush we had a smell problem but not after we changed to fresh water flush.
Comodave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:50 AM   #3
Guru

City: NEW PORT RICHEY
Vessel Name: M/V Intrigue
Vessel Model: 1985 Tung Hwa Senator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comodave View Post
If you go to fresh water flush you shouldn’t get the intake hose smell from dead creatures in the hose. We have fresh water flush and have no smells. Even when we were in salt water with fresh water flush we didn’t have smells. When we had sea water flush we had a smell problem but not after we changed to fresh water flush.
Good idea. I actually had not thought of that but we have a small boat at 31 feet but it has fairly large tanks at 150 gallons (may be 200 but ill have to measure) I havent had to put water in the tanks since I bought it 8 months ago. I keep trying to empty them so I can open them for inspection. The majority of my toilet smell, which isnt much, I think comes from the sea water. I think I have plenty of fresh water on board to spare to convert to fresh water. Thanks for the idea.
Barking Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 01:58 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Actually you want to turn the water over in the tank, it will help keep it fresher. So using some for the head will be a win win.
Old 11-15-2020, 02:21 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

BTW, I really like the Raritan Marine Elegance head. It has a smart panel available that you can pick the type of flush, and can even program it to meet your needs. We like the large bowl and you can pick a short or tall height. I have put them in 3 boats so far.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:23 AM   #6

City: Carefree, AZ and Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Sea-N-Stars
Vessel Model: 1990 49' Albin
No users of Seasmart here? If it does what it says, I like the solution better than going to fresh water flush. Comodave, switching to fresh water flush and likely upgrading to the Raritan Marine Elegance is what I have been considering -- exactly the combination you suggest. Then I came across this product. Seasmart just looked like a much better idea, but I have only been able to find one review. It was positive, but I would like to find more reviews. I guess for under $200 I might as well roll the dice and review it myself. If I do, I will report back.
AZ2Loop is offline   Reply With Quote