San Juans are opening for "Phase 2"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shifty

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Turtle
Vessel Make
North Pacific 45
https://www.visitsanjuans.com/travel-advisory

In Phase 2, outdoor activities for parties of up to four are encouraged. The Governor supports Washingtonians getting outdoors but requests folks follow social distancing guidelines and stay close to home while recreating. State Marine Parks, including docks, mooring buoys and camping are open. Camping at State Parks and at private campgrounds on the four ferry-served islands (Lopez, Orcas, San Juan and Shaw) is open at 50% capacity.

Camping will reopen at San Juan County Parks on June 30, group campsites at county parks will remain closed through the end of the year.

Out of county boaters are requested to provision at their home ports and limit time ashore on the ferry-served islands until we are in Phase 3.

Overnight moorage is open at 50% capacity at marinas and ports on the four ferry-served islands. Please make reservations before showing up at marinas and ports to ensure they may accommodate you.

All things considered, sounds reasonable.

Saw a 60 foot boat today at the dock in Nanaimo, BC with a hailing port of Seattle receiving a visit from Canada Customs Officers. I wonder how they crossed the border recently with it supposedly being closed???
Interesting.

Saw a 60 foot boat today at the dock in Nanaimo, BC with a hailing port of Seattle receiving a visit from Canada Customs Officers. I wonder how they crossed the border recently with it supposedly being closed???
Interesting.

There are delivery captains going back and forth. I think someone posted something about that in another thread on the forums...Maybe it was someone like that?

Thank you, very helpful, though disappointing. Fingers crossed that BC opens up by August.

Interesting.

Tom:

Nanaimo Boat Basin E dock, is shown in the Covid restricted Ports of entry list for small boats: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/openpoe-temp-pdeouvert/marine-maritime-eng.html

Doesn't mean that boat will be allowed to remain in Canadian waters, just the first opportunity our Border guys have to speak to them.

Thank you, very helpful, though disappointing. Fingers crossed that BC opens up by August.

You better uncross your fingers, they might become cramped while waiting. August sound too soon, hope I'm wrong. When the border opens, both sides have to look at each countries situation as a whole. It isn't good enough that Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, New York, etc have everything under control, it has to be every state. And ditto for Canada.

I was so looking forward to our trip north this year. But being stuck on the Columbia still ins't too bad. Getting some deferred maintenance done. Quarantine period just make the trip around the horn not worth it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom