Samsung Galaxy S7Plus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seevee

Guru
Vessel Make
430 Mainship
Looking for info on this table. I've called Samsung 4 times and can't get anyone that knows it nor can I get their specs.

First, does the S7Plus WiFi model have GPS? Glonass, US or ? So, the only thing this unit can't do is connect to a cell phone provider (which I don't need).

Second, is there somewhere on Samsungs web site that shows the detailed specs of this unit?

Third, if I order from them, can I return it if it doesn't work, without a penalty?

Only goal is to run Navionics App on it, and want the extra wpts that Ipad isn't giving me for autoroute.

Looking for info on this table. I've called Samsung 4 times and can't get anyone that knows it nor can I get their specs.

First, does the S7Plus WiFi model have GPS? Glonass, US or ? So, the only thing this unit can't do is connect to a cell phone provider (which I don't need).

Second, is there somewhere on Samsungs web site that shows the detailed specs of this unit?

Third, if I order from them, can I return it if it doesn't work, without a penalty?

Only goal is to run Navionics App on it, and want the extra wpts that Ipad isn't giving me for autoroute.

Not sure this helps, but I have a pretty ancient Galaxy Tab S2 (4-years old? 3GB memory; 32GB storage - was not an expensive tablet at the time). WiFi only and not much memory. Says it has a GPS under Settings but no further info. Runs Navionics fine.

Please update with whatever you decide. I am thinking it's time for a new one myself.

Good luck - Peter

Majority (not all) devices that are only wifi capable, do NOT have a GPS chip-set in them.
Hope that helps a bit...

Found this on the specifications page, hope this helps..........:thumb:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 2.25.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 2.25.05 PM.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 22
Majority (not all) devices that are only wifi capable, do NOT have a GPS chip-set in them.

Hope that helps a bit...
Shot of my screen (vs a screen shot). Again, this is a pretty old and basic Samsung tablet. No clue what type of GPS. But clearly there is a GPS. Navionics works fine.

If you have a Costco account, maybe buy through them. Returns are easy. I attached a screenshot of roughly what I bought a few years ago. Current price is $170. I'm guessing it would run Navionics just fine.

Peter

20220113_173413.jpg

Samsung S7.jpg

Last edited:
HTurner,

That's what I was looking for, but not ONE of the Samsung techs could locate it. Frustrating.

So, I'll buy it, and see if it works. Thanks!

HTurner,

That's what I was looking for, but not ONE of the Samsung techs could locate it. Frustrating.

So, I'll buy it, and see if it works. Thanks!

Let us know how it works out for you...

It works. I run Navionics and Aquamap on it. Unlike a I-Pad, the S7+ is not limited to 100 waypoints using the autorouting feature in Navionics. Buy it.

Hope that helps a bit...

That's an Apple thing. The majority of Android devices all have GPS.

-Chris

Lots of good info.... placing an order.

Thx

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom