Russian Trawler Update #5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheAtomicDog

Vessel Name
Salty Seagull
Vessel Make
SSP Type 211
Hi all,

It was an interesting summer...

Due to the pandemic situation and politics, I was trapped in the US for the last three months. Needless to say, that slowed things down significantly. Sorry for the lack of updates.

We had some guys working on the interior, but without us there they went a bit astray. We will have to remove some things and start over.

In bigger news, we have finally hauled her out today to replace the prop shaft, bearings and screw. This place is also equipped to do an ultrasound survey so we can find out if she's pregnant. Might have a bunch of little dinghies floating around soon :). Seriously, will likely replace a big chunk of her bottom. Good thing steel is at an all-time high. I always feel guilty when I get a bargain :)

Anyway, there aren't many pictures yet as it has been a frustrating summer for boat things.

Will share more soon.

Attachments

• Flying1.jpg
    Flying1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Flying2.jpg
    Flying2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 41
with all the work you put in her i am happy to see a bunch of :):):):):) in your posts. that's some positive attitude.

thanks for sharing it all.

Hi all,

It was an interesting summer...

Due to the pandemic situation and politics, I was trapped in the US for the last three months. Needless to say, that slowed things down significantly. Sorry for the lack of updates.

We had some guys working on the interior, but without us there they went a bit astray. We will have to remove some things and start over.

In bigger news, we have finally hauled her out today to replace the prop shaft, bearings and screw. This place is also equipped to do an ultrasound survey so we can find out if she's pregnant. Might have a bunch of little dinghies floating around soon :). Seriously, will likely replace a big chunk of her bottom. Good thing steel is at an all-time high. I always feel guilty when I get a bargain :)

Anyway, there aren't many pictures yet as it has been a frustrating summer for boat things.

Will share more soon.

Congrats on making progress and not losing your sense of humor despite the challenges. Best of luck.

Thanks guys. I also got a drone while I was in the US, so here are a couple of pics of the boat being towed to the yard...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 21.04.08.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 21.04.08.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 21.21.44.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-10-19 at 21.21.44.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 43
S of F writes;
“Gawd, thats a slippery hull!”

My thoughts exactly. She looks to be designed to sit perfectly on her bow and stern waves. Especially the stern. Love it

"We had some guys working on the interior, but without us there they went a bit astray."

This is not uncommon ...Only you know what you want and just how you want it done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom