Roll down window blinds forward looking glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi folks,

My boat came with black snap-on window covers made of Phifertex. You can see through the mesh well enough to cruise with them up, but I usually take them off due to spray, etc. I use several of the folding automotive windshield reflectors when anchored. You can not see through them, but I slide them between the outside of the window and the snap on covers for the hottest part of the day, and they work really well.

Once it cools off, I remove them. Depending on which side of the boat is facing the sun, I can position these reflectors as needed. Low tech for sure, but it works. :thumb:

Cheers, Bill
Good point about salt spray clouding the lower helm windows. Some people apparently navigate with mesh on the outside, but that means cant clean the windows. Interior blinds looking more adaptable for me. I like piloting from the lower helm station. One reason is most of the people are there.

Bill, those look nice and I like the idea of using the angled plastic pieces to keep the blinds in place. I like the nice, clean look to them. Good job!

That wouldn't work on my boat though because I can't reach the windows. They're too far forward from the helm and the stairs leading down to the staterooms. If I were to do something like that I'd have to run the pull cords somewhere that they could be reached to raise and lower the shades.

We almost never pilot from down below (I think 2-3 times in 6 years) so having the Stamoid cover in place all the time is not a problem.

Thanks,

If you can't reach the bottom of your windows easily then those blinds would not work.

In that case you'd have to go with motorized blinds. Or just keep doing what you do. :D

Good point about salt spray clouding the lower helm windows. Some people apparently navigate with mesh on the outside, but that means cant clean the windows. Interior blinds looking more adaptable for me. I like piloting from the lower helm station. One reason is most of the people are there.

You can just rinse the windows through the mesh. Which works well enough for short trip or trip in calm conditions depending on how wet your boat is.

Plus it helps if you kerp your windows polished out and treated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom