Rhode Island surveyor and diesel surveyors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woodsea

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Kia Orana
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4788
I am in the process of buying a twin diesel powered trawler in the RI area. Does anyone have surveyor recommendations? How about Cummins techs for the engine survey?

I have heard positive things about Rhode Island Engine and they are a Cummins authorized shop and dealer.
Johnson Marine Services out of Mystic, Ct is local, and I have 2 friends who were happy with his survey.

RI/CT Surveyor

I spoke with Adrian. He sounds like just the kind of pro I am looking for. Thanks

I spoke with Adrian. He sounds like just the kind of pro I am looking for. Thanks

Would you recommend the surveyors used. I am about to make an offer for a boat in RI. With Twin Cat 3208T engines.

I have a engine surveyor in CT who surveyed my 3208s. He might travel to RI. PM me...

Used
Johnson Marine Services LLC
Adrian Johnson
P.O. Box 271, West Mystic, CT 06388 (860) 572-8866 (860) 235-2990
for survey
And
nathan@tristatemarinect.com
For engines
Both were good. As usual missed a few things in spite of being quite thorough. A detailed moisture meter was done resulting in renegotiation and a escrow account but one fresh water leak was missed. A frozen fitting was missed as well. Compared to others I’ve dealt with in the past way better than most. Would recommend them. A excellent refit outline was generated which was quite helpful. ABYC criteria used.

Should mention for diesel service the absolute best I’ve ever dealt with is DePaul
Depaul Diesel Service, Inc 1416 West Main Road Portsmouth, Ri 02871 Tel: 401-683-2330

Used
Johnson Marine Services LLC
Adrian Johnson
P.O. Box 271, West Mystic, CT 06388 (860) 572-8866 (860) 235-2990
for survey

I have used Johnson at least five times since 1999 starting with his dad. Very thorough. He saved me (dad) from a Mainship 40 with extensive saturation in the upper deck and fuel/turbo issues.

He also found some issues on a new boat (not the 45!) many years ago. Adrian grew up in the business.

Not an endorsement etc., etc.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom